MG setup and bocage

I'm having serious trouble setting up MG at bocage properly - they usually end up with no LOS. I've done searches and found nothing, but know that the issue has been discussed here before.

I would much :) appriciate if someone can instruct me on the proper setup procedure (Deploy/Face etc.) or point me to another thread.

Be sure your MG team is IN the bocage square and not a little bit separated of it. When you're close to bocage set "deploy" order and wait a few seconds (deploy time). I think when your MG team is not deployed, their LOS is not good. But when the MG is deployed the LOS line becomes blue.

Try with this. Hope that helps

I usually mark the last waypoint into the bocage square with a face command and then hit "Deploy" - is this the wrong order? Should I wait one turn (WEGO) between getting to the square and hitting "Deploy". After deploying at the bocage and not having LOS, the "Face" command is not enough to get LOS.

I usually mark the last waypoint into the bocage square with a face command and then hit "Deploy" - is this the wrong order? Should I wait one turn (WEGO) between getting to the square and hitting "Deploy". After deploying at the bocage and not having LOS, the "Face" command is not enough to get LOS.

Don't think it matters if your issuing the order at the waypoint. That's what I do and I'm not sure I pay attention to which order I do it.

I think you're right though, it doesn't seem to work if they have already deployed. I've only recently cracked this by issuing the order on the final waypoint in advance. Ridiculous faff.

I've seen this, particularly with the US .30 medium MG; the tripod is quite low, and it seems that sometimes it sets up at a point where the LOS is blocked by the berm of the bocage.

This is actually quite realistic. The US could not fire their MGs (or any caliber) from their side of a hedgerow. The MGs had to be moved into the bocage field, or at least set at an entrance into the bocage field. The Germans did not have a problem with this because they had time to create MG nests in the berm.

However, I doubt that was BFC's intent. My guess is this something like what happens when you try to move into a building and deploy an MG. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't (or perhaps it just takes longer to get properly deployed -- haven't figured that out).

I does seem like a "hit or miss" kind of a thing. In the scenario I'm playing I have two MG-teams along the same bocage line (no elevation difference) with just a few action points between them (deployed in the same fashion) - one has full LOF of the field beyond the bocage, and the other no LOF whatsoever. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I've seen this, particularly with the US .30 medium MG; the tripod is quite low, and it seems that sometimes it sets up at a point where the LOS is blocked by the berm of the bocage. I haven't thus far found any good way to avoid this.

It would seem reasonable to me that in real life they would move until they did have a good LOS/LOF, otherwise they might as well go home

I've seen this, particularly with the US .30 medium MG; the tripod is quite low, and it seems that sometimes it sets up at a point where the LOS is blocked by the berm of the bocage. I haven't thus far found any good way to avoid this.

This seems to be the case, the only MG unit that can fire and clear the berm, is the Heavy MG.