Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Exit a HT over the side? Common?

I'm trying to remember an anecdote someone told me, I can't recall who or where. A bootcamp drill instructor said 'Today we are going to learn how to {lets say climb through a window}. You will learn the proper technique, and afterward I want to NEVER see you do this in combat.' In other words, it was one of those things that you need to know how to do but the chance of accidentally shooting yourself or breaking bones in the process was too high to make it a regular occurrance. Tumbling over the side of a HT sounds like one of those 'techniques'

Jumping down from armored vehicles also has caused many traumatic digit amputations. ("Many" being more than one.) Rings catch on sharp edges very easily. A finger, hung up by a ring, as a soldier jumps down from a vehicle is generally incapable of producing enough force to remain attached to the hand.

Many forces demand no jewelry be worn at any time: sometimes it gets ignored.

A bit of RL.

I'd have though machine gun crews would openly salivate at the prospect of a near- stationary, bunched, probably temporarily disorientated, target. Good for Signal, good for propaganda, and probably only used in exigency.

I wonder if the SPW commanders watching the rousing, rousting (and crisping) the Reds movie thought. "What planet do these guys come from, try that in real life and it's a lot of letter writing to the folks back home. Or, did they swallow it because they had little/no experience?

No way would I skyline myself like that unless the Hannomag was on fire.

Choice 1. Deploy out a pair of steel doors into ground you know was just traversed(and therefore safer than other ground).

Choice 2. Fling yourself over the side in full view of the reason you have to deploy in the first place(enemy).

Take your time deciding ....

:D