Peng Challenges the Outre Board to a Zimmerit Coated Zimmer Race!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the phrase "Hakka palle" actually means, "Herrings are legal tender".

Thats a common misnomer, in actuality the phrase directly translates to 'Tender Herrings are legal'.

It gets mighty lonely out there in the snow caves at night.

"Hakka palle"

Maybe your mother, sir!

Here's Finnish 101 for ya:

Maine = reputation

Minnesota = to where war

Alaska = Mrs. Down

Alabama = lower Bama (Bama or Obama is a common Finnish surname)

Ohio = "it's over" (referring to military service)

Colorado = carrion in a hole

Montana = how many?

Dakota = slang for the Saami home

Kansas = your people

Nevada = bog

Wisconsin = I throw it there

and so on. As even emrys could see from the above list, all the land north of Rio Grande belongs to Finland. Please leave now.

So, I go over to Small Emma's and Smaller Nora's tonight, and they're very excitedly talking to me about one of the 'Bonus Feature' shorts on the DVD for the film 'Up'.

And Emma is telling me: "And Grandma Steve, Dug the dog is telling the story, and he get's told by the bad dog, whose name is 'Alcohol', that he as to watch this rock, and so he does, and 'Alcohol' tells him, 'Dug, you did it wrong', and then—"

And I'm looking at her, very quizzical, and I'm thinking 'Alcohol, the dog?' What the? And her Mom comes over and says, "Emma, what the heck are you talking about?' Who's 'Alcohol, the dog?!"

And it turns out that she means 'The Alpha Dog'.

I was so proud. Because the Biggest of Them All eats the most electricity!

Maybe your mother, sir!

Here's Finnish 101 for ya:

Minnesota = to where war

and so on. As even emrys could see from the above list, all the land north of Rio Grande belongs to Finland. Please leave now.

Actually, in Minnesota, 'Finland' means: Land of the people who eat very small fish, poorly.

We're up to our nethers in Finns. They're like the baby harp seals of the Scandinavians. You can't help but look at them, all big-eyed and sub-sentient, without wanting to reach for a club to beat them to death.

But, in our more enlightened age, we know that it's wrong to beat them to death.

In the case of the harp seals, it's because it's wrong to kill such intelligent mammals simply for their skins. In the case of the Finns, it's because their bloody pelts aren't worth sh*te.

When I lived on the Oregon coast it was in a area populated by the descendants of the Scandinavian countries. My town in particular had a lot of Finns. In fact, there was a local joke that went, "How is the Necanicum (the river that ran through the middle of town) like a fish?" The answer was, "It has Finns on both sides."

This was told to me by Finns who thought it was uproariously hilarious. As you might gather from that, the local Finns were jolly people who were seriously deranged. The kind of folks who are friendly and jovial until one morning they are discovered covered in blood amidst the dismembered remains of their families.

Michael

None of this relevant (or, in the case of the SSN who continues to wander in, understandable).

Finland is, by definition, a GOOBERNATION. Vying for top honors in that category is like trying to prove that you didn't date the ugliest girl in school.

Joe

None of this relevant (or, in the case of the SSN who continues to wander in, understandable).

Finland is, by definition, a GOOBERNATION. Vying for top honors in that category is like trying to prove that you didn't date the ugliest girl in school.

Joe

I was wondering what made Joebob such an expert on goobernations, when it occurred to me, he IS the resident expert. After all, he comes from Utah, the most goober of any state of these United States. Hell, even Ohio laughs at Utah. And Ohio is the armpit of the US. His expertise on ugly girls comes with experience with Morman Wives. Joe's goober status knows no bounds. I have seen him fly with the Cess Patrol, and trust me, he makes gooney birds look like F-15 jockeys.

The only possible thing that could be worse, would be if he was from Texas....oh wait....

Rune

Jealousy suits you, Michael. It's an ill-fitting suit, too tight in the waist, too high in the pants, and far too loose in the shoulders, but, it suits you nonetheless.

Steve

Michael went into a Men's Clothing Store to purchase a new suit. It was, of course, a Discount Men's Clothing Store but Michael was a bit flush with cash at the moment having just returned from an exceptionally good trip to the recycling center with shopping carts literally full to the brim with beer cans. So he decided that, for once, he'd forgo the usual Salvation Army clothing and actually purchase a new suit.

The clerk immediately recognized him as a rube (well, who wouldn't) and steered him onto the most hideous suit in the store. It would have been out of fashion 15 years before and wasn't especially well cut even then. Michael, not knowing any better since his fashion sense was essentially dictated by the admonition to never again wear checked pants with a paisley shirt (delivered by his mother of course) tried it on but found that it didn't fit too well.

The clerk would have none of it of course, he wanted to get Old Saggy Bottom out of the store (Old Saggy Bottom being the term used in the store for the suit ... until they saw Michael and knew that the suit was made for the man).

When Michael complained that the suit didn't fit too well the clerk explained that he wasn't wearing it right. Michael asked how he couldn't be wearing it right, the legs, for example were too long. The clerk said he needed to reach down, grasp the waist with his right hand and pull the pants up to the right length. Then, if he stood tip toe on his left foot it would make that side the proper length.

That satisfied Michael on the length issue but then he noted that the suit coat didn't fit properly in the chest. The clerk recommended that Michael use his left hand to twist the coat a bit thus taking up the slack.

Michael still wasn't satisfied with the fit of the collar. The clerk pointed out that simply by twisting his neck so that his head pulled the collar tighter it would fit perfectly.

Michael looked down and, frankly, liked what he saw. But the store lacked a mirror ( I said it was a Discount Store) and asked the clerk if he could take it outside to look at his reflection in the window. As he stood outside admiring his image, two old ladies walked by and were taken by his appearance. One old lady turned to the other and said "Oh my Gloria, look at that poor twisted up man." Gloria took a look and replied, "Yes, but doesn't his suit fit nice."

Joe

Way too far to travel for a punch line that lame.

Good to see you're still that bastion of mediocrity we've all come to know and... tolerate.

And a Happy New Year to all of the Peng Challenge Thread ... past and present ...

For auld lang syne, my jo,

for auld lang syne,

we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,

for auld lang syne.

Joe