New Version Available (0.97.8084)

Brit

There's a new version (0.97.8084) of the demo available. To get the update, click on "Check for Updates". It will lead you to a page listing all the fixes/changes. Click the "Download" button on that page, and it will download and install the new version.

Here's the list of additions and changes:

- The game map can be zoomed-in

- MouseWheel will zoom-in/zoom-out

- Added a "delete last order" button

- Added customizable Hotkeys (see the Preferences window for a complete list)

- Added City List

- Added Upgrade status to user interface (tooltip + upgrade-bar)

. - Most upgrades take 1 turn, but a few upgrades take longer. It's nice to know if you're 1 turn or 3 turns from upgrade completion.

. - Some players were confused by the fact that dreadnaughts took 4 turns to upgrade, and thought 'upgrade' wasn't working.

- Fixed a number of crashes that happen after the game has ended

- Fixed a bug that caused units to be renamed to their unit-type

- Added a "Highlight Circle" that highlights the area around a unit when selected in the left-panel

. - Can be turned-off in the preferences window

- Fixed a bug that caused spy planes and transport aircraft to behave aggressively

- Added a "reverse mouse panning" option to the preferences window

Here's the list of additions and changes:

- The game map can be zoomed-in

- MouseWheel will zoom-in/zoom-out

Good update, plenty of cool stuff there, delete last order is very helpful.

BUG?: When I zoom IN with the scroll wheel it also scrolls the screen hard to the left.

Another suggestion around zooming. Perhaps you could have the middle mouse button a toggle between high, default and last-used zoom.

Everytime I try to download the update it freezes when trying to apply the update.

I've already tried to reinstall and update as well, it does the same thing.

I also get an error message when the game tries to autosave as well.

You need to run the game with full administrator rights under Vista. That includes right-clicking and setting the game to "Run as administrator". Or shut off UAC (User Access Control) under Vista.

Good update, plenty of cool stuff there, delete last order is very helpful.

BUG?: When I zoom IN with the scroll wheel it also scrolls the screen hard to the left.

Yeah, I noticed that one just after I pushed out the update. Oops. It's not supposed to work that way. It'll be fixed in the next version.