Few Questions

Is there any way to disable the automatic playback in wego?

Is there any way to add dismount at the end of a move order in wego?

Those little blue circles tend to vibrate when strykers move. Any clue on cause and how to stabilize them?

Thanks,

Not sure about the first , just stop the replay I guess.

This is how I do it - workout your vehicle move etc, Then select your Infantry and give them a "Pause" order for however long you think the vehicle move is ,Then give them a dismount order ,(Though I usually use a move quick order to a point of cover OR I'll issue an Assault order depending on what I want to do) - AFAIK the Infantry wont actually debus till the Stryker or Bradleys finished it's move anyway.

not sure about the shake , it could be the ground vibration you get as a heavy vehicle moves past the camera point.

Hi Rich,

As far as I've noticed any move order given to units in a vehicle will only be carried out once the vehicle has completed its move, however, the PAUSE order for troops begins at the start of the WEGO round.

Thus you can either follow what Darius said and estimate a pause, or just plan a movement order for the troops which will be executed once the vehicle has finished its movement.

Note that when giving movement orders to units in vehicles the PATH will extrude from their current position, not from the final resting place of the vehicle.However the troops movement will begin from the vehicles final resting place.

Not very clear really was it? Sorry

I'm not sure if you meant dismounting troops from their transport, e.g. an infantry group from a Stryker or if you want to make a unit leave the vehicle it is driving, e.g. make an FO team leave their own UAZ. The former is solved by the above answers, but I'm wondering if the latter is possible at all.

is there any way to dismount soldiers on specific waypoint (e.g. near building) and after dismounting soldiers send Stryker on new position (in one turn)

Hey Mikkey [and I'll resist singing the whole song :) ],

As far as I am aware units will only dismount once a vehicle has completed all is pre-plotted movement orders so the only way to get them to dismount on a specific waypoint is to make that the final waypoint of the vehicles movement order. This also answers the second part of your question if I understand correctly.

I thought a waypoint pause for the vehicle would allow dismounting. Although the crux is ensuring the pause is long enough for the entire dismount to occur. Given the 15 second steps in the pause command, it needs 30 seconds.

I could be mis-remembering all this.

Regards,

Ken

I'm pretty sure you can't have troops leave a vehicle between waypoints. They'll only get out when the vehicle completes its entire movement order. So in WEGO you have to plot the inf movement for the end of the vehicle movement only. Even if you have the vehicle pause, the infantry won't get out unless it's the very end of the vehicle's movement order.

That's been my experience, anyway.

It's a disadvantage. No idea if BFC are planning to change this, but I hope so.

Well this is ok. It never occurred to me to give the infantry a dismount order (rather than the vehicle) and it would take place at the end of the vehicle movement. Thanks to everyone for the info.

It does seem logical that a vehicle should be able to add a dismount order at any waypoint, even to choose which unit(s) should get off. This should be easy to implement since dismount is already an order that vehicles can give and being able to give additional orders at each waypoint is already part of the game.

A brief addendum to the topic - I just noticed that as soon as one gives any kind of movement order to a troop-carrying vehicle the vehicles Dismount button becomes unavailable, on any of the way points including the last waypoint.it seems like would be a good idea for WEGO IMHO to be able to allow troops to dismount mid-way thorugh a vehicles movement order?