Armor moving after given the halt command?

YancyFry

hi

just played the first panzer lehr mission, and i have quite an issue with this stop/dont move thing now. afaik, tanks without a turrent wont be able to engage targets outside their firing arc, when you have set them to donmt move. this is pretty unhandy, when confronted with a armored assault over a broad front. any ideas?

Originally posted by dizee:

hi

just played the first panzer lehr mission, and i have quite an issue with this stop/dont move thing now. afaik, tanks without a turrent wont be able to engage targets outside their firing arc, when you have set them to donmt move. this is pretty unhandy, when confronted with a armored assault over a broad front. any ideas?

I noticed some of my tanks that had turrets not firing when I used the dont move command. I had to manually target stuff to get it shoot. Is this the desired behavior?

It seems like there is no difference between don't move and don't advance!

I think there needs to be a change, don't move to don't advance on the enemy, but still allow movement for defence (rotate turrent, armor facing and even reverse) and for targeting (rotate turrent and armor facing toward target).

If I remember correctly, under the previous version, vehicles would remain in place, but would turn to face the threat if under "Don't move" orders.

It is possible the game is detailed enough that those tanks which couldn't turn in place historically can't in the game, and that's what you're running into. I hope if this was changed that it wasn't intentional because that would be bad.

I like the fact that the tanks don't rotate their chassis anymore. It sucks to setup an ambush and have your tanks randomly turning in all directions. Then when the enemy rolls through they get a rear shot on your Tiger because it was turned the wrong way.

True, but it also sucks when you're issuing the "don't move" command to keep your Stugs put - but then they refuse to rotate to engage an allied AFV just outside their gun arc! This really needs to be addressed... I dunno, break it up into 2 different action buttons or something...

This new behaviour caught me out unexpectedly too, once or twice. You get used to it though, and it does make sense. Especially with the SPGs you don't want them to turn to targets willy nilly, humbugging your carefully laid plans.

It does mean a bit more micromanagement of your AFVs, but this shouldn't cause too much headaches since your infantry need less constant hand holding now.

I think this game miss 3 buttons for the tanks (like that of the infantry) for set the caution.

No caution= the tanks could move like now

Caution= the tanks could do only short movement for defense or attack

High caution= the tanks could only rotate

This should help a lot especialy for set the tanks behaviour after the movement.