A question and a proposition for Clay

Junglist

When we were playing today (along w Stonewall and Phantom, I believe - which i much enjoyed) did you ever actually shoot at me? I know I got you a few times (Yes, I want everyone to know!), but did you actually ever try to blast me good? In retrospect, I don't ever remember you trying to do anything but capture the flag....were you taking it easy? If so, my honour has been offended and I challenge you (and whatever croonies you can dig up) to a battle at a time of your choosing.

Better yet, we should have a duel of Developers Vs Upstarts (Calling Nexus and the other EST regulars!) in the near future.

What's the matter, are you afraid?

I know I am.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so our force begins to assembly. Phantom, of course you are one of the Upstarts!

I forgot to mention, if this does happen it can't be Sunday for me, as I have to cook for the in-laws all day Sunday. Fun wow.

Avengers...oops I mean Upstarts Assembly!

Now I'm not so afraid anymore.

Originally posted by Junglist:

When we were playing today (along w Stonewall and Phantom, I believe - which i much enjoyed) did you ever actually shoot at me?

Oh hell yes! You just weren't patient enough to let my heavy arty land on your head :)

What's the matter, are you afraid?

I know I am.

Fear is an illusion. That doesn't mean it should be ignored ... RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

Cheers,

Toby Haynes

Originally posted by Caseck:

Ah, Hurricane...

That's the one I like the best.

Hurricane, meet my EWV :)

The Hurricane is fun, especially as it can fire below the AA sensor level and hit targets under AA protection. I just wish those Plasma mortars had a little more penetrating kick to make them a little more dangerous. I'd also like to see the option to remote detonate the plasma mortar in the air for massive troop removal. Given the ground tends to shield much of the blast, an air burst might make this weapon more effective against ground emplacements.

Cheers,

Toby Haynes

Toby, I know you were shooting at me, you always do....and for good reason! My question is directed towards Clay, who I had the good fortune of playing yesterday.

What I was hoping you could do Toby was to help anchor a team I'm calling The Upstarts, if we can coax The Developers into coming out of hiding for a battle. On the line, a claim at ultimate DT bragging rights. We might get our butts kicked, but it would be fun, no?

Eh, if used correctly, it's quite effective at clearing defenders out of a defensive position.

On the Bayou map, I was hiding behind a rock, and peeking out to fire at a hull-down Thor. I backed out from the rock, and Jung came up behind me. Then, from somewhere on the other side of a map, a Hurricane shot landed right in the middle of us, taking out my computer, and damaging my engine and gunner.

Needless to say, I was out of there pretty fast, as was Jung.

What I was hoping you could do Toby was to help anchor a team I'm calling The Upstarts, if we can coax The Developers into coming out of hiding for a battle. On the line, a claim at ultimate DT bragging rights. We might get our butts kicked, but it would be fun, no?

Lead a team into battle against the developers? That might be interesting. Even if we get wiped off the face of the planet, we could view it as a tactics masterclass :)

Curling season is almost upon me, so I'm not going to have quite as many nights available for play. That does sadly rule out most Fridays. Saturdays could however be arranged.

October the 15th works well for me....crap, what have I done...err I mean, I can't wait!

Caseck, are you with us? If so, our number is six. If you happen to be allied with the devs, then darn you and your pets! Now that is smack talk.

To the rest of the Upstarts, remember, next Saturday night no late night drinking....well at least no drinking into the morning. Because, THIS IS SERIOUS!

It's on, Clay. Just remember, the looser gets to clean up the battlefield. I hope you remember to bring your broom ;)

I think the Upstarts should find some way to discuss what our strategy will be. Keep in mind, we're going up against the guys who created this game, so they know exactly where to hit us to take us out.

15th works awesome for me, btw.

The only thing I can think of, Iceman, is to meet up this week on the server and all join the same team so we can go over a few things in real-time. I would, however, like to nominate Nexus as our overall strategic commander - although we should all maintain some freedom of operations - as in no actual commander in game terms.

Now I'm really getting excited.

The only thing I can think of, Iceman, is to meet up this week on the server and all join the same team so we can go over a few things in real-time. I would, however, like to nominate Nexus as our overall strategic commander - although we should all maintain some freedom of operations - as in no actual commander in game terms.

Now I'm really getting excited.

Firstly, October 15th is fine for me. So that's good.

I'm happy to play at strategy! But I agree - no dedicated commander. If we are all communicating and working as a team, there is no reason to have only one player who can set bot actions, etc.

I also think that we should meet up at some point before to discuss strategy. In game is fine, especially if we all have voice comms (hint! hint!) as it will also allows us to do a little tuning to make sure we can hear each other clearly.

October the 15th works well for me....crap, what have I done...err I mean, I can't wait!

Caseck, are you with us? If so, our number is six. If you happen to be allied with the devs, then darn you and your pets! Now that is smack talk.

To the rest of the Upstarts, remember, next Saturday night no late night drinking....well at least no drinking into the morning. Because, THIS IS SERIOUS!

I would be honored to play on the Dev's team. But only if you've run out of Devs!

For the Upstarts, the line-up as it looks now: Phantom, Nexus, Iceman, Jung, and Ithai. I floated the idea to Sabot yesterday, who also sounded interested in joining our ranks....if your in Sabot say "here". Now we just need a firm time.

As far as meeting up in advance to go over a few things, I might not be available Fri or Sat night, depending on weekend events/weather, but will be scanning to see when others are on. Will definitely be playing tomorrow (Thursday) night for a bit.

Originally posted by Toby Haynes:

I'll try and play Thursday night around 8pm EST onward, so hopefully I can chat with Junglist and any others who can make it.

I know better than to try and put together a defense of my complete inability to hit a dropship if I were hanging under it (except when it's mine), so I'll feel good about not saddling the Upstarts with my ineptitude when it comes to hitting a target.

On the other hand, once the AARs are in, I can try to put it together into a coherent narrative. Go with what you know. ;)