ZbV3000 Ma.K. Maschinen Krieger

M1A1TC

Those are pretty cool models.

Can you build them? It seems that DropTeam allows user designed units/skins/models to be imported.

Better get busy, dude! I wanna be able to download 'em when I buy this game.

smile.gif

Gpig

You may be able to import models and even give them the specs that you want, but there still needs to be the code to drive them. I can't imagine that they would allow you to fundamentally change the behaviour and animation side of things. More likely you will be able to change like to like e.g. one tank to another tank (with similar weapons loadout).

Even so, modders are going to have a lot of fun with this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm rather fond of WH40k models myself.

Check out the new uber expensive models from Forgeworld (Anyone who makes an army out of these guys is rich)

dt7.jpg

Elysian drop trooper with magnetic mine

missileteam3.jpg

Missile Launcher

More pics here

Course they aren't wearing pressurised suits but they still look great IMO. (It wouldn't be too hard to make them look like theyre wearing pressurised suits though, bulkier helmet and oversized backpack would do it.)

• 2 weeks later...

Wimp Bastard, those models do look cool and they make for perfect infantry teams that could be incorporated into the game. The need for zero-G suits would only be necessary for that environment and maybe the need for light infantry in places like that would be very minimal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WimpBastard,

I think the models you suggest are an excellent choice. Thick, advanced and lightweight body armour, along with helmets that protect and are equipped with coms/targeting devices, are essential. Couple this with a mixture of advanced, and compact personal weaponry, and heavier squad/platoon based weapons, and you have exactly what you have shown us. The ideal futuristic armoured infantryman.

Having some power suited heavy infantry is probably a good idea, but if they get too big, they simply look like “walkers” (mechs). Then they no longer assume the role of infantry, and fall into the category of vehicles.

I see your ideas, including your suggestions for a pressurised suit look, as the ideal solution for the standard (although futuristic) infantry grunt.

regards

sunray

smile.gifsmile.gif

The idea of field units would be great for later expansions of the game. The field unit right now could be used visually to man the jammer, Grond-to-Air, Ground-to-Ground, and other dropable non-moving units.

And it would be cool to use the trooper clonable model. With the clones not only could the units have a chick placed misc., but we could also clone for each of us!