The Grandmaster Event: (Best of 5 games). GAME #1 Terif (Axis) vs Zapp, ZAPP WON

zappsweden

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

October 19, 1941:

Barbarossa starts - all border armies cut off or destroyed, AF reduced to str 5. Greece and Iraq surrender, Portugal survives at str 1 but will surrender next turn. Germany got LR 1 last turn, so a weak AF in the rear intercepted and got destroyed with max damage. Still 3 AFs in the west, allied transports move away from the LC/german coast.

UK used all mpps for battles but is already at lv 2 jets, Germany researching since a year and no tech besides LR 1.

Russia goes all in - heavy losses for both sides, report shows balance is shifting towards Axis. For each killed axis units, 2 russians have to die smile.gif .

In the west Allies liberate Brussel - under axis attack now from all 4 sides.

April 1942:

Kiev abandoned. Russians now digging in behind the Dnepr. Riga still holds and is not much attacked.

Finland surrendered to Russia.

Allied forces are almost in Paris.

Now comes the time where Axis either fight east or west, up to them.

[ June 10, 2005, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Axis is 2 hexes from Paris.

Chuikov killed by 6 attacking AF's. Russia counter and use 6 attacks on Rundstedt, he survives but will cost some dough to reinforce.

In the east Axis target now is Riga. It will without HQ prolly fall soon.

In the west, Allies kill 2 corps per turn and lack of units (since USA have 2 hq and 3 air) have prevented Allies abit. Soon, some exra units come from USA to fill the line so Paris will be reached anytime.

A good game so far. I was too cautious when Barbarossa began though. I should have used only one US hq and landed in Brest. Instead I sent US HQ to UK and bought a second HQ for France. Took some time and that almost levelled out my advantage I had gained due to late Paris surrender and late conquering of neutrals.

Since I have 13 air fleet and 2 carriers vs Axis 7 air fleets (My air and carriers in the West are having 2 stars each now) I recon I have advantage still.

[ June 10, 2005, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]