Will the A I move an AT gun?

If i do a scen with the enemy ai, giving it a AT gun and a transport vehicle, will the ai use the truck to move the gun? or am i wasting points on trucks? I did a scen with two paks and two sdkf trucks. the ai placed the guns very well in woods but the trucks were close by. should this intel be used? if you see a truck, a gun is near?

Paul's pac progress

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dugfromthearth:

AI will not disembark troops from vehicles.

I have never seen the AI move a gun with a vehicle. I don't think it can do it.

I believe it will dismebark troops from HT's but not trucks.

Panther Commander </font>

Good question. I have never seen the AI do anything except attack in a seemingly predesignated path with mobile units or defend in place with anything that it has. I have never seen it used mounted troops in an organized logical way. They dismount when fired upon and only then do they become an active part of the battlefield. I have never seen the AI move an AT gun.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

So yes and no, lol.

Back to recon, should one assume that if there is a truck, there is something near? should you take out trucks in ops? when you see trucks in a battle or op, should you assume there are troops embarked?

You shouldn't assume there are troops embarked in my scenarios because I will use trucks and Jeeps/VW's for eye candy in the scenario. They were there in the real fights so I put them in. Not always to use but sometimes to just "be there". So you get the feel of a real location. Not just a jumble of men.

Panther Commander

I appreciate them in scenarios, because they're a welcome change from QBs where they are generally too expensive to buy. Having a motorized force on map, even if only a platoon or two can really expand your tactical options, but the 100pts per platoon to buy even trucks generally makes it a waste if you're buying your own.