Question to All? Who wants to watch the full battle

I have been waiting for this feature forever. It's been talked about, but so far I haven't seen anything. I wanna know how manny people would be interested in a full battle playback feature.

If BTS is listening in, is there a time frame that a future patch might have this feature?? This feature would only add to the best game ever made. smile.gif

------------------

Lead, Follow or Get the Hell Out of the Way...

I would likt to. I only have the demo now but I would love to be able to watch the whole battle and even save it as a movie type file to watch in the game, still being able to move the camera. I know of a game,(WWII flight simulator) that allows you to record your flight then go back and watch from every angle(even the enemys) and it is a very useful tool.

BTS have explained that this would be very difficult to do. It is high on the list of priorities, though, so if there's any way to do it, there's a good chance it'll be done. Just don't hold your breath.

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dredloc:

I have been waiting for this feature forever. It's been talked about, but so far I haven't seen anything. I wanna know how manny people would be interested in a full battle playback feature.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do think that the game would benefit from some kind of post-game feature, whether it's full-length movies, or a more detailed AAR, something along the lines of that in the CC series - with men recommended for decorations for their actions by their superior. The ending now just seems to be an anti-climax in game design terms, after all the tension and excitement of the actual game. And the battles were discussed in detail afterwards... wink.gif

In the meantime, I am saving all of my movies from a particular battle to HD. Then, as soon as ELSA releases their video module (Oct 00), I am going to get that and link all of the movies together onto a VCR tape OR into an MPEG.

Has anyone experimented with creating an avi or mpeg? If so, what was the file size and what prog was used.

TeAcH

Hi TeAcH,

I was able to capture film of the game by using HyperCam. It's a bit tricky to get something decent though. You have to adjust the capture size and the number of frames per second to match the processing speed of your computer, and this will take some trial and error. Don't expect to capture the whole screen, my celeron 500 was able to capture a 320x240 film at 5 frames a sec without dropping frames.

Once you get your raw footage you will have to splice them together...this is a whole nother topic. It's a long, time consuming, but fun thing to do. As far as file sizes go, if you want to share something on internet, keep your film about a minute long. Most people don't wanna dl a 25 mega film they're gonna watch maybe once. If this is for your own pleasure, count on lots and lots and LOTS of mega for your project. Hope this helps.

DeanCo--

Easy enough to want it, difficult to implement. A movie file of the entire game showing both sides and all the movement of each unit and all the effects of units firing would be quite a hefty file size.

It's also in there now, just in turns, not a continuous movie. There wouldn't seem to be a way for a person to watch everything in one long movie anyway, without pausing and moving the camera around, which makes it redundant because that's what you do when watching the seperate saved turns.

john

Sirocco spoke these words of eternal truth and wisom:

I do think that the game would benefit from some kind of post-game feature, whether it's full-length movies, or a more detailed AAR, something along the lines of that in the CC series - with men recommended for decorations for their actions by their superior. The ending now just seems to be an anti-climax in game design terms, after all the tension and excitement of the actual game.

Amen, amen to that.

------------------

"All i hear is the Iron Cross sucks etc. " (GAZ_NZ)

I want it too.

Don't we all?

Will it ever come?

Only time will tell..........................

[This message has been edited by jaja (edited 09-18-2000).]

I'd like to see this feature, with the ability to stop and rewind a few frames, etc.

Not sure how big the file would be, but it'd be cool. I would guess that each of the files would need to be saved, and then linked somehow.

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

I would settle for just a more detailed AAR. I agree with the others that medals should be given out and such but what I really want to see is all the settings of the battle; pts for each side, how many units each side had, and a roster for each side. Of course we also need a roster for when were playing the actual game. This would be great and shouldn't be hard to put in.

------------------

Everything in moderation...except CM.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I would settle for just a more detailed AAR. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So would I. In fact, I'd give that priority over the full-length movie, but I have to admit that being, in effect, director of your own war movie is enough to start me drooling...