CMSF1 Saved Games Not Running in CMSF2?

That was not one of the supported scenarios. Heck there was not a full commitment to making all CMSF1 scenarios open in CMSF2 but it was the desire and many of us spent a lot of time testing CMSF1 scenario files. I do not believe anyone tested game saves from CMSF1 - I know I did not - because that was not even a stretch goal.

Sorry, unless someone official contradicts me I think you are out of luck.

2 hours ago, IanL said:

Heck there was not a full commitment to making all CMSF1 scenarios open in CMSF2 but it was the desire and many of us spent a lot of time testing CMSF1 scenario files.

For which we are very, very grateful.....I was happier with CM:SF2 than I ever expected to be, I'm still a bit mystified by it sometimes, but damn it's a good game!  B)

14 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I frankly can't recall a CMSF1 scenario, release scenario or 3rd party, that didn't start up just fine in CMSF2. Converting savegames, though, is a non-starter. Heck, sometimes savegames don't survive simple patch upgrades.

This is kind of what I mean by it mystifying me sometimes.....I can't create certain things in quite the same way in CM:SF2 that I could in the original, however if I create them in the original and then import them to CM:SF2 they seem to work just fine.  The game doesn't seem to want to impose its own TOE on imported units.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

10 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The game doesn't seem to want to impose its own TOE on imported units.

Correct. The TO&E system is a mixture of things are baked into a scenario and future changes to it are not made in existing scenarios but do show up when you add a new formation in the editor. Others automatically effect things everywhere. A general rule is if its "who reports to whom" that is baked in if its "who holds on to what weapon" it is not. But that is not a hard and fast rule either. :D