US Helmets

I'm sorry if this has already been asked before, but after a trawl around I haven't been able to find an answer. So perhaps someone can help.

I've copied the US Uniform mods over from CMBN. But, when firing up the Aachen campaign "Knock 'em all Down" I find that whilst the shoulder patches work fine, the "Big Red One" is missing from the helmets. I have rechecked Normandy, and there they are working fine. So two questions.....

1. Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

2. Is there any way to get the helmet mods to functions properly in CMFB? 

Crommie, are they the ones I did? If so, I’m pretty sure they were done under v1 of CMBN and I never renamed them. Thing is, my uniform patches I think we’re done under v1 as well, so they shouldn’t work either...except I may have updated them for CMFI/GL and just not bothered with the helmets. If it’s not my mod, then in my best Emily Latella voice...”Never mind!”

You should rename them "smod_american_helmet-soldier" and add the numbers after that if they aren't already.

Otherwise I haven't really found out why this is happening yet. I don't own Final Blitzkrieg so I can't test it out. I'll download the mod to look at it.

EDIT: I'd like to know where you got that mod from, since the one on CMMODS in the Engine 1 version. (the name is "z1st ID_OD" and not  "z1st ID_OD (v2)")

Edited by Frenchy56

Frenchy's right...

smod_american_helmet-soldier

smod_american_helmet-soldier 2

smod_american_helmet-soldier 3

smod_american_helmet-soldier 4

smod_american_helmet-soldier 5

...should do it (I put 5 variants of helmets for each division, IIRC.

I have no idea how the patches are working, because the FB naming convention is also different for uniforms from CMBN.  It sems to me that someone else either did patches or updated some of my uniforms after v.4???  

Also make sure to check the total number of helmet files that already exist in your CMFB folder and from other mods. If there is an existing helmet number 6, 7, 8 etc then these will still be displayed amongst the troops alongside your divisional patched helmets. You'll need to make copies and rename the files appropiately to replace all helmets if you want all troops displaying divisional patch.

Edited by Ithikial_AU

Also check to make sure to check the total number of helmet files that exist in your CMFB folder and from other mods. If there is an existing helmet number 6, 7, 8 etc then these will still be displayed amongst the troops alongside your Divisional patched helmets.