What I'm watchin

MG TOW

I am watching this series called Counterpart. If you like intriguing cold war style espionage mixed with your science fiction. Its not super action packed but it is a very well scripted noir style of spy vs saboteur vs double agent vs assassin type sci-fi thing. The setting is present day Berlin. 

Its about A secret UN agency that been based in Berlin for thirty years. The agency oversees a crossing point to a parallel Earth (the "Prime world"), a copy of our world, which was accidentally created by East German scientists during a cold war experiment gone wrong in 1987. The problem is, all the duplicate personalities have experienced 30 years of divergence. The Prime world also experienced a massive plague which they blame as an intentional act by the Alpha world. 

so what u watchin?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4643084/

Edited by gundolf

Thanks for the tips, Gundolf, I've been looking for some good new stuff.  I really liked Peaky Blinders on Netflix.  Birmingham after WW1,  some brothers return from war and decide to make better criminals of themselves than they were before.  Cillian Murphy is brilliant as the top dog brother, supporting cast also fantastic, as is the writing, sets, etc

Thanks for the heads up re "Counterpart".

Spousal unit #1 and I have been bingewatching European Thrillers which can be very dark compared to what is on offer from the US.

Recommended include:  La Foret; The Break; La Mante; Black Spot; Babylon Berlin; Bordertown; Dark; Trapped...

(For a change of pace "A Very Secret Service" is fun comedy.)

Currently, we're enjoying watching "The Frozen Dead".  

(BTW: Haven't watched it yet but "Nobel" tells the story of a (Norwegian) Afghan SF vet and a saga of returning home and the politics.)

Edited by Erwin

Wolf is a curious entry from Turkey, now playing on Netflix. It concerns a semi-secret state police squad sized unit engaging in military-style special operations. Sort of a large SWAT team. I've only watched the first episode so far, so have not formed any real judgement of it, except that it seems okay in some ways and not in others. Filmed in Turkish, the English dubbing and subtitles do not always match up.

Michael