New Computer Installation Questions and 4K Monitor

I am planning to buy a new computer which will be Windows 10 and also a 4K monitor.  I have CMBN, Commonwealth module, Market Garden module, CMFI, Gustav Line module, and CMFB.  First question, can all of these be displayed at the 4K resolution of the 4K monitor, 3840 X 2160?  Secondly, would I able to install  these on my new computer before uninstalling from my current computer?  I saved all the license numbers etc.  Thank you.

Yes, you can install the games on your new computer. The copy-protection/activation system that the CM games utilizes allows for 4 activations per license key (with additional activations being available by submitting a request to the Helpdesk and providing your license keys). There is no 'unlicense/un-activate' feature with the current licensing system.

Yes, CM can display at the 4K resolutions. However you may find it a bit hard to read the text and control panel (depending on the size of your 4K monitor) since they utilize fixed-sized graphics elements that will NOT scale up with a higher resolution. There is no way to mod this to make them larger.

I haven't used a 4K monitor for CM, so I'm not quite sure what to expect or recommend. If your current monitor is standard HD (1920 x 1080), then the 4K is going to make things almost twice as small (if it were the same size monitor). So if you're currently running a 21" - 24" monitor, doubling the resolution and going up a few inches in each dimension with a larger screen is probably going to result in fixed graphics and text appearing about 1.75x smaller or somewhere in that range. For a number of people it is annoying and others may not care as much. Driving a higher resolution will also drop your frame rates a bit since there is quite a bit more on the screen for the video card to draw.

We have a 27 inch 4K monitor here at the office. I have never seen it plugged in (which, I guess, is not a good sign), but I have heard people talking about it. Apparently, the display quality is great when vector graphics (like CAD drawings)  are displayed. However, many applications do not allow for a proper scaling of the GUI elements, resulting in very small letters and hard-to-hit buttons.

Based on this very limited evidence, I recommend buying a 32 inch 4K monitor.

When I did my own research some time ago, I copied the following snippet:

"27" is where going up to 1440p delivers, and to really get the most out of 4k a 32" or larger is needed."

... which supports this recommendation.

Best regards,
Thomm