Combined Arms.

1 hour ago, weapon2010 said:

Please , please Steve, put the combined arms option back into the quick battle options(like it was in CM1)  in the next game engine upgrade.

I dont recall what that was (in the game), but there is an Infantry Company [mixed] and an Armored Company [mixed] option in the US Army QB OB in CMBS.

Michael

Not too sure that what you guys are asking for isn't already in the game. It has been way too many years for me to remember what the combined arms from CM1 was but setting a QB in CM2 to mixed allows you to select any unit available in the game for the date chosen.

11 hours ago, Badger73 said:

As well as the ability to add a broad range individual vehicles and teams to any HQ in a purchased OOB.

I just loaded up CMFI, set a quick battle to huge and mixed. I chose an infantry battalion, took the machine gun platoon section Hq and added a tank, halftrack, breach team, sniper team and an FO all under his command. What are you hoping to do that I didn't just do?

12 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

Combined arms set limits for infantry, armor, soft vehicles and artillery.I forget the percentages.Yes you can do it with mixed on a trust basis.

I would like to see this too. I tried a match where we agreed to play only regular troops with +0 in all soft factors. After the battle, I could see he went for +1 veterans.

Probably he just forgot the house rule, but in any case I like options to make the game keep track of such things.

Also it makes things easier than to have to bring out the pocket calculator before every game.

12 hours ago, IanL said:
23 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

Combined arms set limits for infantry, armor, soft vehicles and artillery.

Ah, that old thing :-). Personally I never like that feature so I'm not eager to see it return.

Same here. If BFC did decide to stick it in some new game, or into a new game engine that would put it in all games, I would hope that they would at least make it optional.

Michael

5 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

I would hope that they would at least make it optional.

Completely agree. Options are always nice. Games like Civilization offer a lot of optional house rules that can be ticked off in the settings before starting a new game. I think that's a quite elegant way to do it.