Suggestion: Unit Patches

There are some unit patch mods for CMBN and CMFI, some of which linked below.  I would love to see every Allied division for all WW2 titles made available.

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?page_id=5#search/text=unit+patches

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1247

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1155

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=4350

Those are great, and I enjoy using them, but it also means that if I want to play a quick battle as the 45th infantry in Sicily and then another as the 91st division at the Gothic line, I have to quit, move files around and then start up again. I was thinking of something as easy as selecting greatcoats or mixed camo, with all the relevant formations.

This would also mean that selections could be made on a unit-by-unit basis, so Cav units have cav insignia (and vehicle markings?) and armour likewise.

In BS it could mean that my Russian recce teams are wearing Gorka uniforms, my infantry the digital camo and the rear-echelon types the older flora camo. Right now the US can choose the colour of equipment and Ukranians can pick between two styles of camo which is a step in the right direction.

2 hours ago, DougPhresh said:

Those are great, and I enjoy using them, but it also means that if I want to play a quick battle as the 45th infantry in Sicily and then another as the 91st division at the Gothic line, I have to quit, move files around and then start up again. I was thinking of something as easy as selecting greatcoats or mixed camo, with all the relevant formations.

This would also mean that selections could be made on a unit-by-unit basis, so Cav units have cav insignia (and vehicle markings?) and armour likewise.

In BS it could mean that my Russian recce teams are wearing Gorka uniforms, my infantry the digital camo and the rear-echelon types the older flora camo. Right now the US can choose the colour of equipment and Ukranians can pick between two styles of camo which is a step in the right direction.

You have a lot of flexibility in design using mod tags. The scenario itself would drive what you use in files so the step of moving files around could be eliminated. Again the Task Force Spartan Resolve campaign is a good example. It uses a 173rd unit patch for the US. 

I've edited the uniforms and vehicles for everything British in my CMBN and CMFI to remove such items. The uniforms now have no shoulder titles, no formation badges, arm of service strips, cap badges. The vehicles now have no formation signs, arm of service signs, tactical signs. So that now its just the names assigned on the force selection screen and visible on the unit information panel that identify whom the units are representing. I realise its maybe an touch boring and makes the units less detailed, and I would indeed rather have them remain visible. But was preferable to me than leaving them on and seeing the soldiers/vehicles appearance conflict with the formations and namings etc.

I also added bridge rating signs to some vehicles that lacked them. I've not bothered with any other nations (may do the other commonwealths at some point though) as I neither know enough about nor play enough as the other nations for the conflicts to bother me.

Edited by Oliver_88