AMMO LOAD OUT ISSUE

Erwin

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

The other 25mm (Therm) are simple direct fire dumb HE grenades?

Depends on the fuze and I don't know which one they use for thermobaric :( But IMHO CDTE thermobaric should be a joke IRL. 25mm is too small a caliber to produce enough FA mixture to generate any decent overpressure wave.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:10 AM, IMHO said:
  1. HEDP is 40x46 only. CDTE has only ABHE and Therm

So, what is the story that 25mm HEDP that I saw my squads carrying?  Had a message from someone that was looking at this and decided it's not a problem.  Am just curious... is IMHO correct that 25mm HEDP does not exist?  Or, is it that the US squads with CDTE weapon in the CMBS game can have 25mm HEDP, but that there is no resupply of 25mm HEDP in the Strykers?

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, Erwin said:

So, what is the story that 25mm HEDP that I saw my squads carrying?  Had a message from someone that was looking at this and decided it's not a problem.  Am just curious... is IMHO correct that 25mm HEDP does not exist?  Or, is it that the US squads with CDTE weapon in the CMBS game can have 25mm HEDP, but that there is no resupply of 25mm HEDP in the Strykers?

That message was from me.

For the rest of the folks who were not part of messaging, I looked into this and found references to an anti-armor round for the M25 being available. It (and other references) stated that the round could penetrate "up to" 50mm of armor. Sounds to me like a HEAT-effect round. In modern US parlance, that would make sense that it would be an HEDP round. 

There were also references to a flechette round. ;)

As I told Erwin, I consider this 25mm HEDP round to be consistent with the hypothetical nature of CMBS. Since the XM25/M25 was removed from combat evals in 2013, and the system has been cancelled or otherwise put into limbo, this makes all in-game use of the M25 CDTE weapon a bit of a guess. Therefore, any ammo loadout for a hypothetical weapon in a hypothetical conflict would be acceptable...if that ammo exists. Which it does.

An argument to remove the 25mm HEDP ammo would have to be pretty airtight...especially since BFC was dealing with projecting future capabilities into a hypothetical conflict. An argument to change (meaning "add more" since there currently is none) 25mm HEDP ammo to the Stryker's on-board ammo supply would have to be equally airtight. 

I am firmly (now, after having researched this for several days) in the camp that 25mm HEDP as part of the basic load is fine and that there is no need to add more 25mm HEDP to the Strykers. Squads carried in Strykers have the following anti-armor capability available: AT4, AT136, Javelin, 40mm HEDP, .50 cal. AP-I. The 4 rounds of 25mm HEDP carried by the M25 gunner would seem sufficient for ancillary anti-armor purposes. With the plethora of other anti-armor munitions available to the Stryker squad, I cannot see giving up more 25mm air-burst munitions in exchange for 25mm anti-armor munitions.

That's my .02.