NAMES AND TEXTS SCRAMBLED AFTER CMSF BUNDLE

Hello, guys!

I just installed the Marines + British + NATO bundle and all text in my game is messy. For example, when I choose to quick battle, instead of faction it appears "Service" and in the dropdown list the faction names are "Stummel, Troop Recce, TRP, Bren L4, C15, G82 and Driver".

When I select squads in game their names sometimes are "Shilka" and other weird names.

Is this okay? It's just me not understanding any new text of the game after the bundle?

Should I reinstall the game?

Thx in advance!

PS: Can't take screenshots of the game, the paste is just all black.

11 minutes ago, sburke said:

Check your download directory. This is typically a problem with the brz files. Either they aren’t all there or you have some crossover with another combat mission game. 

Thank you for the answer.

All .brz are there in the game directory, can't say if the game is using it right...

I'll reinstall the game, probably tomorrow cuz it's already late here.

When I extract files I always put the file in an empty folder first and then extract.  If not it may grab files from other CM games/locations during the extraction process.  I'm not a tech type but I think this method will help prevent what happened with your install. 

I use FRAPs to take screenshots and imgur to post the screenshots.  Both are free.  

• 4 weeks later...

I am having issues with installing the bundle as well.

I installed the base game np load Al Amara all is as it should be.

Install bundle and load Al Amara and things start getting weird. The two Sagger ATGM teams are not Uncon combatants they are US infantry with AK's and no visible Sagger and what was the second Sagger team is Syrian Reserve also no Sagger.

Their icons still show what they were meant to be.

Tried extracting to a folder on my desktop as to not draw .brz's from my other CM installs as mentioned above but the issue remains.

The first install I patched the game and I thought this was the problem but it seems it's installing the bundle.

Is this a known issue with this map or am I doing somthing wrong with the install?

I only discovered this because I thought it was a fun map and loaded it up in the editor to see how it was made.

Now I am not sure if it's borking up other maps as well and I'm at a total loss as to how to fix this.

My first install I patched to 1.32 skipping 1.10 as the Marine module is part of the bundle, the second install was just base game and bundle no patches as I thought it was patching that stuffed things up.

Edited by Grumpy
Mentioned wrong units

I thought I was having issues with installing the bundle as well. Turns out I am not its a map error that is present out of the box and remains even when patched.

The error is on the map Al Amarah.

The two Sagger ATGM teams are not Uncon fighters they are Syrian Reserve.

Their unit portraits still show  they were meant to be  Uncon fighters.

Patching the game to 1.32 turns one Sagger team into US Infantry with AK's and no visible sagger while the other remains Syrian Reserve again their unit portrait still show they were meant to be Uncon fighters.

The units mentioned are part of Fighter Command and they show up correctly in the editor when placed on a new map which points to a map error rather than a bundle install problem like I originally thought and why I posted this here - sorry about that.

14 hours ago, Grumpy said:

I thought I was having issues with installing the bundle as well. Turns out I am not its a map error that is present out of the box and remains even when patched.

The error is on the map Al Amarah.

The two Sagger ATGM teams are not Uncon fighters they are Syrian Reserve.

Their unit portraits still show  they were meant to be  Uncon fighters.

Patching the game to 1.32 turns one Sagger team into US Infantry with AK's and no visible sagger while the other remains Syrian Reserve again their unit portrait still show they were meant to be Uncon fighters.

The units mentioned are part of Fighter Command and they show up correctly in the editor when placed on a new map which points to a map error rather than a bundle install problem like I originally thought and why I posted this here - sorry about that.

damn, yep seeing that as well.  I expect that was baked in way early in design and then whatever issues arose after were never noticed.  I have played that scenario multiple times and never noticed my uncons has stolen US military uniforms.  :P good catch - I'll check this for CMSF2 to try and be sure it doesn't follow through.