Possible bug - ammo held in halftrack

21 hours ago, AlexUK said:

Is it normal that the 4,000 rounds are not accessible by the vehicle MG? Rivers of Blood scenario.     

Yes is the simple answer.  More details are below. 

The vehicle ammo and extra ammo can be found in the UI: Details Panel / Reports / Ammo.  The ammo count listed on top in one color* is for the vehicle’s weapons systems. The ammo count listed on the bottom in a different color is the extra supply ammo that can be Acquired by troops.  If the vehicle’s ammo runs out the vehicle will take ammo from the extra supply.  The crew ammo is listed on the left under unit info panel / ammo (This is where the 4000 rounds are).  A vehicle will not take crew or passenger ammo.  Crew and passengers can’t Acquire vehicle ammo.  All can take or Acquire extra supply ammo. Example: A tank crew could Bailout, Acquire .50 cal. ammo and re-crew their tank.  The tank would however not be able to use the .50 cal. ammo.  Or a halftrack could run low on .30cal ammo for the machinegun, take .30cal ammo from the extra supply and use it. 

*The color of the ammo counts can be different depending on which Combat Mission title you are playing.

aUXz4fDh.jpg

Thanks, but normally I would expect crew ammo to be quite low - in this case it is 4000 rounds - shouldn’t this be in the vehicle side? This was the default allocation - I didn’t acquire anything. 

The vehicle itself did have some mg ammo too, in the screenshot I had already used that up.

Edited by AlexUK

1 hour ago, AlexUK said:

Thanks, but normally I would expect crew ammo to be quite low - in this case it is 4000 rounds - shouldn’t this be in the vehicle side? This was the default allocation - I didn’t acquire anything.   The vehicle itself did have some mg ammo too, in the screenshot I had already used that up.

That does seem high for default crew ammo.  I thought you had probably dismounted the crew Acquired ammo and remounted the vehicle in an attempt to resupply the vehicle gun.  Many of us have done that :D  I can't explain why the crew default would be so high. 

3 hours ago, AlexUK said:

Thanks, but normally I would expect crew ammo to be quite low - in this case it is 4000 rounds - shouldn’t this be in the vehicle side? This was the default allocation - I didn’t acquire anything. 

The vehicle itself did have some mg ammo too, in the screenshot I had already used that up.

This is probably a TO&E bug that got baked into the scenario.

edit: nevermind, it is bug with the 250/9 when purchased through the Single Vehicles menu in the editor.  Will report.  That said, it is only supposed to have about 2k rds, so that ammo will simply be removed, not reassigned to the vehicle.

Edited by akd