PHENlCUS

High Screen Resolution Blurry Text

I upgraded my computer. I had no problems transferring my Combat Mission Games to the new system. The issue I am running into is that much of the text is blurry in game. I am guessing it is because of the very high screen resolution (3840x2160).

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks,

Phenicus

Thanks for the suggestsion Ithikail_AU. Unfortunately that was not the issue. FXAA was off. I tried it on and off and messed with settings on card and in game but have still not been able to improve the display of text.

Alienware 17r4

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Monitor: 17.3 inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits, Enabled with Tobii Eye-tracking

Windows 10

32G DRAM

Core i7 processor

The Alienware 17r4 is a laptop. It is possible that CM is running on the Intel integrated video rather than the GeForce GTX 1080, which could account for the blurry text since some of the built-in routines in the Intel drivers perform some strange AA functions on the text.

In the 'Nvidia Control Panel' create 'profiles' for your CM games. This alone supposedly should have the GeForce recognize that it needs to run the CM game and not the Intel integrated video (since the system isn't recognizing that the CM games need the more powerful GPU to run).

I can confirm that Nvidia does not switch from Intel to Nvidia GPU when CMBS runs. You will have to manually add it to the white list every time the exe file changes.

Edited by sbobovyc

"In the 'Nvidia Control Panel' create 'profiles' for your CM games. This alone supposedly should have the GeForce recognize that it needs to run the CM game and not the Intel integrated video (since the system isn't recognizing that the CM games need the more powerful GPU to run)."

That was the answer. I had a profile set for my CM games but "autoselect" gpu was ticked and I am guessing it was loading the intel gpu rather than NVIDIA gpu.

The game looks amazing now. Thanks again guys

Edited by PHENlCUS
add quote

19 hours ago, PHENlCUS said:

"In the 'Nvidia Control Panel' create 'profiles' for your CM games. This alone supposedly should have the GeForce recognize that it needs to run the CM game and not the Intel integrated video (since the system isn't recognizing that the CM games need the more powerful GPU to run)."

That was the answer. I had a profile set for my CM games but "autoselect" gpu was ticked and I am guessing it was loading the intel gpu rather than NVIDIA gpu.

The game looks amazing now. Thanks again guys

+1