Finding opponents?

Hello guys,

thinking about purchasing this game. I'm mainly interested in playing online real time against..you know, real people. 

Is it easy to find an opponent and how is it done? Also, will I play against the likes of Patton and von Manstein or can you find opponents for every skillset.

Thank you, hope to join you.

Cheers 

I am on a group called "The Blitz".  There is also the "Computer Wargamers Club for Gentlemen".  Either of these are good places to look for opponents.  Or on Facebook join the Computer wargmers or computer wargamers tactical to strategic groups.

I've beaten a couple of my opponents on "The Bltiz" and I'm just a dabbler so there are opponents for every skill set.

17 hours ago, mzeleni8 said:

Hello guys,

thinking about purchasing this game. I'm mainly interested in playing online real time against..you know, real people. 

Is it easy to find an opponent and how is it done? Also, will I play against the likes of Patton and von Manstein or can you find opponents for every skillset.

Thank you, hope to join you.

Cheers 

Finding opponents here is not too difficult. Just ask. And you may want to check out www.thefewgoodmen.com . They are more like a gaming club, organising tournaments and stuff.

Playing real time may be an issue. I would say, most people play CM as PBEM.

The competency level should not be a problem. You'll find all sorts of opponents. And if you happen to play against one of the Grog's, they'll "adjust" and you will learn a lot.😎

On 20.8.2017 at 5:14 PM, mzeleni8 said:

Thank you for answering,

I don't want to open a new thread, maybe you can help me? Is there a demo version of engine 4?

Nope, BFC never updated the Demos. But I doubt that you, being a beginner, will notice the difference.

For it would be more important to note: Don't be appalled by the Demo graphics, which are quite basic. With the right mods, you can greatly enhance the looks. And sounds.

On 8/20/2017 at 8:14 AM, mzeleni8 said:

Thank you for answering,

I don't want to open a new thread, maybe you can help me? Is there a demo version of engine 4?

What alpha  said. You probably won't notice the difference, as there really isn't many significant differences. Hull down and combine squad commands are really the two noticeable ones.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 8:50 AM, Dynaman216 said:

I am on a group called "The Blitz".  There is also the "Computer Wargamers Club for Gentlemen".  Either of these are good places to look for opponents.  Or on Facebook join the Computer wargmers or computer wargamers tactical to strategic groups.

I've beaten a couple of my opponents on "The Bltiz" and I'm just a dabbler so there are opponents for every skill set.

For PBEM, I favor The Few Good Men - http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/

• 2 weeks later...