UI - KinoMod 2.0 WIP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear, @Grunt_GI ! 

Unfortunately I lost all my psd files in a forced OS reinstall! So now I'm just like you guys,  working off the download.

Like a peasant.  :-P

It's quite frustrating, as I had made some good headway on the vehicle and weapon silhouettes. Oh well. 

Ive hit over 30 downloads.... It would be good to get some feedback,  likes/dislikes,, glitches...? 

Edited by kinophile

• 4 weeks later...

Finally free to start completing this. 

Initially I wanted to redo the entire library of vehicle and unit silhouettes,  but that's a pretty massive undertaking. 

So instead I'm going to at least flip them all facing right,  as well as the main loading splash screens. 

Found a quick and effective method. Expect an update in a few days. 

PS,  IanL,  I'm working on yet another revision of the pause/halt/flee commands! Still not happy.... 

Edited by kinophile

UPDATE 1.5
Flipped all vehicle and weapon portraits (& coloured UKR items yellow)
Flipped the loading screen backgrounds
Some general, front end UI screens are modified…(not complete)
New loading bar
Editor and menu UI given a modern feel

This is it now, for a while (apart from the freakin' pause/flee/halt  buttons!).

Enjoy!

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Mod-Format-UI-Modern_zps1yxflcf4.jpg

Edited by kinophile

Looking good so far.

No infantry branch icon for Russia and Ukraine, right?

"Flipped the loading screen backgrounds" What do you mean? (I could wrongly remember they were already right facing in your previous mod).

More this weekend.

1 hour ago, CMFDR said:

Looking good so far.

No infantry branch icon for Russia and Ukraine, right?

"Flipped the loading screen backgrounds" What do you mean? (I could wrongly remember they were already right facing in your previous mod).

More this weekend.

Thanks! The minimalist loading screens were flipped, yes. 

In this mod I've kept the original loading screens, and flipped them.

For the future I'm going to build dramatic shots in-game and use as loading screens.

Would love to give this a spin, but when I did a download, I also did a quick check and noticed there are still some .psd files in there...that caused ALL sorts of problems for me last time, as you know,  so any chance you could double check and replace all the .psd files with .bmp...

I really like this UI and would love to have the latest version.

Oh, and I still like the text buttons...

Cheers and thanks,

Edited by grunt_GI

On 22/05/2016 at 11:32 AM, Erwin said:

Looks like you did a lot of work kinophile.  Am curious why you didn't add range and caliber information for the small arms.  I have always found that info to be very useful.

I'm not sure I understand. You mean on the weapon silhouette image itself? 

I was thinking more of the personal weapons of a squad (the grey icons in the above image).  All the WW2 titles except CMFB and also CMSF and CMA have mods available that gives the cal and range.  The effective ranges of those weapons can vary quite a lot.  Also, it's good to have immediate info re what cal ammo each weapon uses.  Without that info it's easy to ACQUIRE the wrong ammo.  (Yes that is more of a problem in CMSF and CMA where the Russians in particular used two types of 7.62mm ammo.)

Your mod looks good btw.  Looking forward to it.

Edited by Erwin

Ah ok.

yeeeeaaaahhhhh that's a bit of a long shot. I am a fan of max info but that's a bit labor intensive, for now.

And thank you :)

Updated to 1.5.1 now!

UPDATE 1.5.1
Removed the modified briefing screen (not ready yet)
New Command Interrupt buttons.. using WAIT/STOP/FLEE text. Yet..still not happy...
Editor menu/panel buttons completed. The individual icons for various map elemnts are a giant job for some other day...
Support Fires panels adjusted further. The pop-up panel needs some work still.
All .psd files deleted this time! @grunt_GI

11 hours ago, kinophile said:

Ah ok.

yeeeeaaaahhhhh that's a bit of a long shot. I am a fan of max info but that's a bit labor intensive, for now.

And thank you :)

Updated to 1.5.1 now!

UPDATE 1.5.1
Removed the modified briefing screen (not ready yet)
New Command Interrupt buttons.. using WAIT/STOP/FLEE text. Yet..still not happy...
Editor menu/panel buttons completed. The individual icons for various map elemnts are a giant job for some other day...
Support Fires panels adjusted further. The pop-up panel needs some work still.
All .psd files deleted this time! @grunt_GI

Excellent...can't wait to give it a spin....thanks for this...

It's a tricky one - I've been going for a homogeneous feel,  so I'm leery of mixing things up too much. I, personally,  prefer to adjust/differentiate using the button shapes and background, while leaving the text uniform. 

But feel free to mod it in Photoshop. I could pass you the .psd file if you want. 

Ok, finally got a chance to give this a spin...really gorgeous...if that's the right word to use :D ...I actually like the buttons...nicely done, I know that was a pain to play around with...of course my old eyes love the white text more than the black text but not a huge deal...I do love the ranges for the crew served weapons...not sure how much use I will get out of it..but HEY, at least the info is there for me....I particularly like the text color differentiation for the DEPLOY WEAPON button...that is always a sticky point for me to know whether I selected that or not.

Although I am a HUGE fan of JuJus UI for the WW2 titles...this is very modern and clean and goes nicely with CMBS....

Thanks very much for your effort on this...I know sometimes us players are a picky and needy bunch....

Cheers.