CMPzC Operation "The Bloody Bucket" (Bulge '44)

I hate when my job interferes with my hobby! Couldn't get nuttin' done today. Then I was easy listening to some Pandora Joe Pass radio and my boss asks me how many GB that is drawing.

Oh jeez. We get a republican in the Whitehouse and I am applying for a government grant to write CM stuff 24/7.

The day got so bad I went to the break room fridge and had a beer... 

I hate when my job interferes with my hobby! Couldn't get nuttin' done today. Then I was easy listening to some Pandora Joe Pass radio and my boss asks me how many GB that is drawing.

Oh jeez. We get a republican in the Whitehouse and I am applying for a government grant to write CM stuff 24/7.

The day got so bad I went to the break room fridge and had a beer... 

Lol.

You all are invited to come up with 2 or 3.

Maybe an armor officer or tanker sergeant with a backstory.

An infantry officer.

Some sergeant, maybe one of the engineers?

rank, name, unit, an image if you can scrounge one up and a sentence or 2 of backstory.

I can whip up the little unit thing for PzC.

Any German speakers out there? Poesel?

"Molkerei Hosingen" is that good for a sign on a building for a dairy?

For Luxembourg 1940's, what should I use for pharmacy? Apotheke?

Thanks!

Not Poesel but german, yes thats what they are called. There is even one Molkerei Hosingen out there! http://www.industrie.lu/MolkereiHosingen.html

Though this one seemed to actually have been a "Großbutterei" back then. Funny name... :) Greatbuttery. This would probably be on the sign + the name of the corporation it was part of.

Outstanding job, Kohlenklau and team. I really like to read your AARs and DARs. If you want to know or looking for a translation just let me know and drop me a pm!

Maybe an armor officer or tanker sergeant with a backstory.

maybe players would want to use their own names and be the hero and make up their own backstory. or maybe a character from their favorite ww2 movie. i would love to see oddball show up and rally the troops, can paintshells be modded?  :P

Hi SlowLarry,

Thanks sir. I will use "Großbutterei Langsam-Lorenze"   :D

I visited the town where my mother's side relatives (maiden name Kuhlthau) came from, they departed Germany in 1840. Obersel, Germany.

I saw our family birth house and butcher shop "Metzgerei Kuhlthau". I am named after that man who left first.

EDIT: I think he is my great-great-great grandfather. I better verify with my mom, 2 greats or 3? I forget.

Edited by kohlenklau

OK, I have a crazy idea and want to put it into reality. Who is gonna help me?

I am just starting a large scale, long duration multiplayer battle over in CMPzC Operation Bloody Christmas Ortona '43.

I want to try something like that here but I have a new wrinkle to add.

One big 4 hour battle between axis and allies on a massive map.

As umpire I will control the dropbox permissions and to interject the results of operational decisions I will be calling an intermission say around the 45 minute mark on every hour.

Then I alone will play both sides to control units and "restructure" the battlefield to match what will be the new operational situation say after a brief lull in the combat.

These operational changes being what the team CO's decide to do, pull back, attack, probe, etc.

I will have umpire zones on the map to spawn troops, ammo resupply, exit off units as needed. Small circular target arcs and quick teams here and there for Act II so to speak.

The clock can even be considered as not representative of the actual time but what we get is a battlefield damage maintenance.

I will be working on it in the next few weeks. Post here if this sounds of interest to you!

I have been thinking about my above idea and decided to NOT go with it but to stay with a series of 50~55 minute individual battles. We will still use a big map but I will NOT try that umpire rearranging thing. I do want to have some slight variety in the weather and the time of day. I will do my best to recreate the damage on maps as carried over from earlier battles. Plus I think it is a good feeling to complete a battle versus a long never ending battle. 

How about this new carrot and stick idea?

Where as I have indeed made AAR as non-mandatory, I am thinking how to show preference to PBEM foot soldiers who do post screenshots with an interesting narrative.

This could be head of the line treatment for future battles or perhaps a special addition or interesting wrinkle in their next battle.

• 3 weeks later...