CMPzC Operation "The Bloody Bucket" (Bulge '44)

Alamo_zpssibcknp7.jpg

Anybody interested?

This would be played using the ol' 1-2 combination punch!

-John Tiller's Panzer Campaigns Bulge '44 <not needed by anybody but myself as the umpire>.

-BFC's winter-season snowy delight CMFI Gustav Line. <date set to Dec.'43 due to editor limitations.>

Allies: Colonel Hurley Fuller's 110th Infantry Regiment and supporting co-stars. 

Axis: Elements of XLVII Panzer Corps: 2nd Panzer Div., Panzer Lehr and 26th VG Div.

As usual, the player interest level will drive the size of the operation within my sanity maintenance protocol of "10-10-10x10".

10 Panzer Campaign turns max.

10 units per side max.

10x10 km map max size.

I want to see if we can do a little trick and extend the turns out over several days by consolidating the evening/night turns. So, imagine maybe 2 days of operational combat to delay and disrupt the axis timetable towards Bastogne.

If nobody wants to jump on this now due to the new Bulge title coming out soon (soon = ?), I fully understand.

Maybe it is like eating a bunch of candy before Halloween trick or treating? Kills your appetite? :D

Edited by kohlenklau

For folks that see this "recruiting ad" and do NOT feel interest to participate, could you kindly PM me on what aspect does not appeal to you? :D

I am astonished and bewildered there are not more folks wanting to get into an operation and play some PBEMs.

Add to that how so many people say they want a special game made to augment their CM with an operational layer.

Please provide some feedback when you have time. Thanks.

A 45 minute battle could take months depending on how busy the players are in their real life. Goals are set for completion by a certain date with some "in game reward" to those who finish early!

For the example below, the battles in another Bulge related Campaign all kicked off about 15 May and the organizer requested we be completed by mid-July, so the curve shows the time remaining in the battle (clock in lower right of game screen) for a few snapshots on the calendar. When a specific battle gets behind, then everyone else must wait, so we have some emergency measures to solve that. Another player might be sent in to take over the battle, etc.

Turn%20Curve_zpspwmyvxt5.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

For folks that see this "recruiting ad" and do NOT feel interest to participate, could you kindly PM me on what aspect does not appeal to you? :D

I am astonished and bewildered there are not more folks wanting to get into an operation and play some PBEMs.

Add to that how so many people say they want a special game made to augment their CM with an operational layer.

Please provide some feedback when you have time. Thanks.

you'll need to clear your box, it isn't accepting messages. ;)

I'd be up for the Allied side - I've got both CMFI + GL module installed and working along with the Bulge custom addon amnd I am also an experienced JT operational campaigns player, been the Blitzkrieg wargaming club member so anything suits me fine, but I'd prefer the tactical level for a change here. However, might also deal with the operational side if necessary.

Status on all of the CMPzC operations:

CMPzC "The Road to Eindhoven": (CMBN) Turn 2B is almost to a close as the Irish Guards assault into the southern suburbs of Valkenswaard has about 12:00 left on the clock. They may end the battle with a small toe-hold and await further reinforcements. It has been bloody and losses on the allied side have been significant among the infantry.
http://community.battlefront.com/to...e-road-to-eindhoven-cmpzc/page-5#entry1613420

http://community.battlefront.com/to...e-road-to-eindhoven-cmpzc/page-6#entry1612842

CMPzC "Bloody Ortona": (CMFI GL) Turn 2A is almost to a close and it looks like the Canadians have successfully gained a bridgehead over the Moro! As to be expected a vicious German counterattack is most likely soon underway.
http://community.battlefront.com/to...oody-christmas-ortona-43/page-14#entry1613046
Note: Bloody Ortona is umpire team vs allies so we don't have a thread to watch the axis side of things. Sorry.

CMPzC "Nyakleves": (CMRT) Maps are being made by several talented folks and we have the OOB's and backstory ready to roll. Roster looks full and we will kick off on 1 July.
http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118796-cmpzc-operation-nyak-leves-budapest-45/

CMPzC "The Bloody Bucket" (CMFI GL): I am just an impatient kid and cannot wait for the new Bulge title. We will put together a small operation around Hosingen, Luxembourg. Still looking for players...
http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119774-cmpzc-operation-the-bloody-bucket-bulge-44/

I sincerely appreciate everyone's support and encouragement and participation.
It is not a perfect system and we will hit stumbles and bumps along the way. clear.png

All of these CMPzC Operations germinate in the same manner. You can look at my signature and find your way to the links which give the status on some of the others.

They do take some time to develop the maps, org charts and other things needed until ready for the opening moves and battles.

I have a vacation road trip at the end of July and beginning of August, so I think we can get this one started in late August or September.

Map is in progress.

Hosingen

On December 16, 1944, Hosingen was attacked but US control of this village was impeding the German march westward. In fact, the Americans entrenched in Hosingen were in a position to block all approaches to the locality from the east, north and south through well-directed antitank gun and mortar fire. As early as noon on December 16, US resistance by the 10.5 cm howitzers of Battery C, 109th Field Artillery and the tank platoon in the area between Hosingen and Bockholz had temporarily thwarted Grenadier Rgt. 77 drive to the Clerf River. And now the US attacks from the front, right flank and the rear were all taking their toll on the Germans.
Grenadier Rgt. 77 decided it needed Hosingen badly. Earlier German attempts to break US resistance at Hosingen had managed to get a toehold in the southern edge of the village, but so far had made no further progress. But that was not enough. Hosingen must be taken and taken quickly. The German command realized that the western exit road from the Gmünd bridgehead was the main divisional supply route to the Clerf River, and it was hopelessly blocked unless the Americans could be driven from Hosingen.

The hope of a quick breakthrough of the 26th VGD or the 5th FJD in the 110th Infantry Rgt. Sector had proven illusory. The German Infantry would have to fight for every yard they gained and pay a high price in casualties for each and every one of those yards. Hosingen only fell on December 18, 1944 after bitter fighting.