The Corridor **SPOILERS**

Was playing "The Corridor" at the same time as "Foiling Fustian" so completed it around the same time.

"The Corridor" maps and scenarios are all quite interesting. However, the short time limits - 35 minutes(!) to one hour - makes the game all but impossible to play in WEGO due to the overwhelming Allied defenses. It felt like a desperate situation like the Ardennes attack and I felt one would have to be very lucky to have enuff units surviving in the later battles. Maybe in RT one can do appropriate recon and respond fast enough to events.

I managed to win the historical scenarios but the enemy arty is so devastating in the last historical scenario that the hypothetical scenarios that followed were not much fun. By the final scenario I CF'd at set-up to see the odds and found the to be approaching 1:6. So, I just gave up in frustration at that point.

I recommend getting the scenarios separate and playing em as standalone scenarios. It will be interesting to find out how many players here were successful at the campaign in WEGO.

I'm with you on this Erwin.Short time limits and WEGO just don't mix.By the time you do a bit of recon and get shot to hell,half the scenario is gone.With RT you can do a bit of push and pull if you run into trouble that's just not possible with WEGO.It puts me off if a scenario is too short to reach your objectives.It's supposed to add to the challenge i suppose but most of the time it just feels out and out frustrating.

Tell me about it, I lost the campaign early cause of the time limit. I just refused to sacrifice my pixel troopen in mad blind dash forwards. Ended up running out of time, sheesh not even extra time at the end of the scenario. I probably will open the campaign with the scenario organizer to play the final 2 battles and move on to the next. I make a point to play every campaign once, but it's got to be fun to play it twice.

I meant to put in hints in my threads. So, here are some for "The Corridor".

1) In the first two ("historical") scenarios you have no time or need to dismount your infantry. You don't need your infantry. In Battle #1 you can use your arty and tanks fire to suppress any defenders and literally drive over the "touch" objectives in vehicles. That's how you win in 35 minutes.

2) In Battle #2, you are best keeping your light vehicles in the rear and only attacking again with tanks and arty. The Brits can bring down a huge amount of arty on the two crossing points and while the tanks mostly survive I lost most of an entire armored platoon in the ford. Didn't need the infantry or halftracks to win in Battle #2 so 100% wasted - and you'll need em for the hypothetical battles #3 and (the final) #4.

3) Note that the briefing says that "arty will be resupplied between battles" - but you'll find that your on map mortar ammo is NOT resupplied. So, don't waste it in Battle #1 like I did.

4) Expect large odds against you and well placed AT guns (and armor) that imo are impossible to scout for in the time limits in this campaign if you play WEGO.

I would recommend adding at least 50% more time to all 4 scenarios.

• 2 months later...

Having just recently switched from Realtime to WeGo, I believe playing in WeGo leaves you with more time than RT. Way to often did I have units not doing anything and just idling in RT because I was busy with something else. In WeGo I have all the time to check every single unit every minute if I wish to do so.

I have only finished the first mission so far and I found the time limit appropriate, I exited my entire force and touched every objective except the one in the big orchard. The American defenders were ridiculously bad in this one, in fact they were uniformly equipped with Springfields instead of M1s and ran at the first shot.

Something I did learn very quickly was to give every halftrack a short coverd 360 arc so they wouldn't fire their MGs, with the increased vulnerabilty of HT gunners (which is too great IMHO) firing the MG is really suicidal.

Also, I remember in CMSF I would always keep light vehicles at least 300m away from any possible enemy position, now in the WW2 CM games I always button up every tank within the same range or their TCs get sniped. I think with the increased small arms accuracy, TCs need button up earlier when under fire, not only when they come under really heavy fire.

I think with Wego sure you can easily micro all your units and have all the time in the world to do so.Once that the button is pressed though,your guys are on their own.Where as in RT if your guys are in trouble you can easily adapt and pull them out.In Wego,you have to sit there with your head in your hands because you screwed up.

That's why i feel if the time is short in a scenario,you get one throw of the dice in Wego and has the feeling your forced into moving.RT you can push and pull as you go.Each to their own but i don't like feeling rushed.Recon is key and not doing a Mad Max with all your forces and trying to bulldoze your way through enemy lines.

I remember doing a bulldoze approach in a campaign when the game first came out and a few scenarios later. I had that Doh! moment when i realised that my most of the forces i needed for the scenario had been killed in my earlier escapdes.You live and you learn-Campaign restart and i'll take my time :)

The only situations I find WeGo inferior to RT is when trying to carefully move tanks into good positions to spot enemy tanks and when having troops in very close proximity of the enemy.

But compared with the serious drawbacks of the RT mode I found WeGo to be the better alternative. I think CW NorMons was the scenario that made me switch to WeGo. Trying to play that in RT would be simply insane.

Normally I prefer a more careful approach with extensive recon as well, but this campaign is developed to be played in a very swift and aggressive manner, as is stated in the briefings. You are expected to carry very fast mounted attacks agains badly prepared, motivated and equipped enemies (at least in the first and - a little less so - the second battle).

The 1st was perfect for bulldozing ;)

Some smoke on the left flank preventing unwanted fire from the orchards on the left and lots and lots of MG fire into the enemy lines. I tried to keep my men mounted during the attack on the first enemy line, but I did dismount them for a few minutes because of heavier fire than expected (and HT MGs being too dangerous to use).

After I was 3/4 through the allotted time I decided I didn't want to clear the large orchard objective and simply ignored so I had enough time for the other 3 objectives and for exiting my force. The orchard was nonetheless very much controlled by fire and there remained no cohesive defensive in it only some stragglers and I felt mopping up and taking casualties from single dudes lying in wait wasn't my job.