Looking for an Icon Mod

I never used as an icon mod yet. I remember seeing a really good looking blue vs. red icon mod in CMBN. With nice discernible pictures. Easy on the eyes and easy to spot. Is there anything like this that would work for the CFMI bundle? Can this be converted for Italy?

I have the one you are looking for up at the repository for CMFI that has USA, Italy, and German so those will show blue or red. I don't have GL so any new icons that have been added from the base such as the British will remain stock. Give it a try. Look for "Vin's Geometric FoW Icons" mod.

I just played Temple to Mars (nice Italy feel battle btw on a triangular map.) It was great having all the icons blue for US, with descriptive shapes, silhouettes, and bright red for the enemy. Vinn hope you do an upgrade for the rest of the forces in GL.

I don't have CMFI+GL, but I think I can put something together to fill in what is missing for the mod to include GL that shouldn't take much time. I know I missed the bunkers in the initial release of the mod, but what is missing now, and what is new?

All British icons.

AA vehicles icons.

Any other new icons?

Hmm, very strange. I exploded the demo to get to the files. NO USA icons showing? All the other nations floating icons are showing except USA. It makes no sense. It has to be there as they are in the demo too.

Vin, they could be in v1.10. I couldn't find the Fallschirmjagers for the life of me in GL 100A, B, or C. It drove me crazy for about a day until I decided to look through all the data files, including FI. Noticed the 1.10 data file and tried. Succes!

Vin, they could be in v1.10. I couldn't find the Fallschirmjagers for the life of me in GL 100A, B, or C. It drove me crazy for about a day until I decided to look through all the data files, including FI. Noticed the 1.10 data file and tried. Succes!

Mj, I exploded the main 1.10A, and B brz files that came with the demo. Both brz files contained the "nations" folder, which contains the "floating icons" folder. There only british, german, and italian appear with USA missing. All the bmps in the game should be there. If USA is not there I am stumped why it is showing in the game? I will try exploding again tonight. Maybe it did not explode all the files, but I can't see why it wouldn't. As far as USA goes the only new icon I think there is for them is SPAA. If I can't get to it then it will just have to be skipped and show as stock.

I'm going to have give up on finding the USA floating icons. If anyone finds them, and wants to send them to me I will complete the set, which is what I would rather do before releasing what I have so far. I made a British blue, updated Germans and Italians, and the mod will give a choice to use a neutral tan earth color for each nations FoW icons as shown.

tanfow.jpg

Vin, I have them all. You have most of them with CMFI v100 A and B folders, it sounds like.

CMFI v110 had them after all...I should have looked the other day. There's a bunch of Brits, a handful of Germans, and about a dozen Italians. Only 4 for the US, all for SPAA's. I can email them or if you have Dropbox, I'll send an invite.