Hope this is not true

I was looking at Theatre of War game and was considering purchasing it when I stumbled upon the delivery method which is only by mail. Alright, so far so good, but the price asked to deliver it is 60.00$ :eek: Good Heavens the bundle is only 15.00$ and you are charging 4 times the price of the game to deliver it???

And now what's worse of all, for downloading delivery method there is also a charge of 60.00$ if you want delivery and download 70.00$. I checked this with SC GC Gold Bundle, which I already have.

With all due respect have you gone bonkers?

Now please tell me I have misunderstood something, I was eager to buy HC Breakthrough expansion, but if this is true I will have to think it thoroughly :confused:

I was looking at Theatre of War game and was considering purchasing it when I stumbled upon the delivery method which is only by mail. Alright, so far so good, but the price asked to deliver it is 60.00$ :eek: Good Heavens the bundle is only 15.00$ and you are charging 4 times the price of the game to deliver it???

And now what's worse of all, for downloading delivery method there is also a charge of 60.00$ if you want delivery and download 70.00$. I checked this with SC GC Gold Bundle, which I already have.

With all due respect have you gone bonkers?

Now please tell me I have misunderstood something, I was eager to buy HC Breakthrough expansion, but if this is true I will have to think it thoroughly :confused:

Perhaps that is for a version other than the US version? In this electronic age I would think you could buy any version as a download only. Another possibility is the VAT is huge.:eek:

No, the dropmenu is showing the base price. But since you're buying a discounted product, once you press the Add to cart button it shows the correct discounted price.

This doesn't include the S&H charge, you will get that after you proceed to checkout and give the delivery address. You will be shown the total price before you accept the order.

S&H cost is precisely the problem, battlefront didn't charge for digital downloadings and now it seems they do, and the cost is higher than the game you may be purchasing.

About vat it is high here in Spain, it just has gone form 18% to 21% :mad:

rjh1971,

In cases like this i would kindly suggest to rather use the helpdesk instead.

:)

quote:

"Mailed products are shipped out of two warehouses:

US and most international customers get their shipments from our main warehouse in Vermont, USA.

NEW! European customers get their goods shipped from our warehouse in Germany (within the EU, therefore no duties or taxes!)"

I don't believe that Battlefront would charge 45$ to send a one kg parcel from Germany to Spain.

I presume that there might be a little error in the shop, because you CAN BUY THE DOWNLOAD ONLY if you order the game AND the mission pack SEPARATELY (both for 10$, so in the worst case you would have to pay 20$, not 60$).

rjh1971,

In cases like this i would kindly suggest to rather use the helpdesk instead.

:)

quote:

"Mailed products are shipped out of two warehouses:

US and most international customers get their shipments from our main warehouse in Vermont, USA.

NEW! European customers get their goods shipped from our warehouse in Germany (within the EU, therefore no duties or taxes!)"

I don't believe that Battlefront would charge 45$ to send a one kg parcel from Germany to Spain.

I presume that there might be a little error in the shop, because you CAN BUY THE DOWNLOAD ONLY if you order the game AND the mission pack SEPARATELY (both for 10$, so in the worst case you would have to pay 20$, not 60$).

Come on guys, tell me this is a bug in your system...

pricek.jpg

Not sure what the fuss is about... Nothing changed from how we're doing things.

The drop down menu shows the unadjusted full price. The price you pay is the price shown in the cart, which is the advertised (reduced) price. None of these prices shows Shipping&Handling.

S&H handling is always added to any product with a mail component, I.e. Mail Only and Download&Mail. It is not applied to Download Only.

Download&Mail is usually higher in price than Download Only or Mail Only. The prices have the cost for the download or the cost for the printed goods figured in, not both, so the price is a little higher if you want both.

Our Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk has all of these details and more, btw. Look in the "Store" category.

Martin

Martin, the unadjusted prices are not helpful if you want to sell games with adjusted , reduced, advertised prices. Else rhj1971 wouldn't have asked.

In case of "Theater of War" the bundle gets advertised as mail order only, while the game and the expansion can be bought solitary via download. That is hard to understand.

Maybe battlefront could somewhere down the road renovate the shop? I myself wouldn't have known how much i would have had to pay for Theater of War. I actually had to search for infos, nearly complete the purchase, use the helpdesk, and even than i wasn't sure about the final price (with SH included).

All i'm saying is that is that you should take an interest into messages like the one from rhj1971. Not everyone wants to search a helpdesk, or register to use the forum. Those who don't want to do it might simply decide not buy anything at all.