bug in Canadian army

chaos49

in the mech inf battle group i think there are a bug with SRAAW(M) in Lav II and the Nyala. In the Lav II there are a 8 man team with 2 C9 MG when u try to take the SRAAW(M) u will louse both C9 MG´s.

if u dismount the team and spilt them in assault team or anti tank u can keep the C9 MG.

so is this a bug or is all as it should be ?

I'm still not sure what you mean. Have you tried giving the squad a target light command and see if the guys still have them? Men can swap between different weapons, you just won't see more than the weapon that they are currently holding. If that is what is happening, it's not a bug.

In CMBN this is different in that eg. Panzerschreck soldier can be seen carrying a rifle on his back, but in CMSF the weapon not being held in hands just disappears out of sight.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all i am the one who pointed this out to chaos49, but lost my password to forum so he posted for me, i will try and explain what i mean by the bug

if you have a Canadian squad of 8 men armed with two light support weapons, two granade launchers, and 4 men with standard assult rifles, and you arm them with two SRAAW rocket launchers, then you have a squad armed with two SRAAW's, two granade launchers, and 4 men with standard assult rifles.

in a firefight i have not seen SRAAW armed troops put down SRAAW and change to thier light support weapon, so in the game if you arm yourself with SRAAWs you lose the use of the light support weapons, surely it would be better if the SRAAWs where aquired by the standard assult rifle armed troops instead of the light support weapon armed troops.

• 2 weeks later...

If I am reading this correctly, you have an infantry team in the LAV and can't get the ammo from the LAV to the infantry, is this correct? I think what you need to do is select the infantry squad while in the LAV and use the acquire command. This will give you a list of the available ammo that your team can take from the LAV. If they are not in the LAV, they can't acquire ammo from it, and need to mount the vehicle before they can.

The manual explains all of this, but since I am the type to just answer instead of a long story of how u should use the search function, manual, etc. before posting and not answering the question. However, you really should do these things before posting a question that is easily answered by your resources at hand.

If I am reading this correctly, you have an infantry team in the LAV and can't get the ammo from the LAV to the infantry, is this correct? I think what you need to do is select the infantry squad while in the LAV and use the acquire command. This will give you a list of the available ammo that your team can take from the LAV. If they are not in the LAV, they can't acquire ammo from it, and need to mount the vehicle before they can.

The manual explains all of this, but since I am the type to just answer instead of a long story of how u should use the search function, manual, etc. before posting and not answering the question. However, you really should do these things before posting a question that is easily answered by your resources at hand.

none of the infantry can mount the LAV III vehicle. Theres all kinds of Ammo and rockets and ATG's laws, Swaars, smaaws. I can not get any infantry next to these vehicles to get the ammo in there and no infantry spawned in the vehicles, (LAVIII)this was in a quick mission builder small, and tiny maps.

as long as the infantry unit you are trying to load isn't larger then the capacity of the vehicle, they can board it. When you select the infantry, use the move command and place the cursor over the LAV. If it's not a green arrow pointing down, they can't board. If this is the case, spit the squad using the split squad command, and then mount the LAV with a smaller unit. Then load on the ammo, disembark them, and let them rejoin with their parent squad.

OK so i tried another this time it gave me infantry with the LavIII's. but now the Syrian's T62s, or the T55's, and T72 turms. I can not penetrate these tanks what the heck? I shoot with Swaar's 3 times and only get immobilized. and Im with in 50 to 750meters