Oldschool or desperate: 70 USD for an old game?

Guys,

I do understand the need to make money from your work - after all that's the purpose of a company. But don't you think that you are slightly overdoing it by announcing an Addon as Gold Version and then charging an extra 25 dollars for it - not the complete version but actually only the addon? Do you really expect to sell lots of units for a combined price of 70 USD? And on top for a game which has been around in it's basic version as SC2 for several years? :confused:

It's up to you - but honestly this is the most oldschool way of milking the cow I have ever come across. :eek:

To tell you the truth: In a time where high production value products are brought on the market for free, accessible in the browser, featuring all sorts of multiplayer modes, don't you feel you are lagging behind somewhat?

Have you considered how many players (and payers) you would have if you'd release your games as f2p or MMO games on the web? Globally - with a working matchmaking system? All of a sudden a niche would not be a niche anymore and you wouldn't need to be afraid of not being able to earn a penny for all your, actually outstanding, game design work.

Just my 2 cents - for what it's worth. All I can do is offer you some help - so just drop me a line if you favor some advice from a person who has created online games making millions in months. :cool:

GL and keep it up...

Nick

With all due respect, you don't get it right, Superfly71! SC2 is not Call of Duty and the likes. Strategic wargames, from Board games era up to now, have always been a very small niche within the global game business. Has it any potential to expand through a better market offer? Seriously, We tried everything to catch up people attention (and money for the creators) over the past 30 years. It failed. Theses games are not for the crowd, period.

Show me one success story with a game like SC2 on the new web platforms and I may reconsider my views. Given the quality of this game( and support ), $25 is an unbelievable bargain for those SCer who already bought it. For the newcomers,$70 is still a deal for the alternatives are not much appealing if interesting at all, (HoI, Making History, Matrix and Slitherines titles all too hard , too long or too boring).

Of course, you can keep playing A&Allies for free with the whole world...

... All I can do is offer you some help - so just drop me a line if you favor some advice from a person who has created online games making millions in months. :cool:

GL and keep it up...

Nick

Uhm, you made millions (btw., in which currency, by any chance somalian shilling?) but you still bother about lousy 25$ for an upgrade filled with tons of new campaigns & enormous improvements in the game mechanics? And even better, you think that offering help in the user forum is the best way to start a business relation?

:confused::eek::confused:

I support this company with the games they produce since its quality. However, when I bought the game from Matrix called War in the East for like 80 bucks it will be the last time I pay that much. I just bought battlefield 3 for 45 bucks and that game will be played for the next 5 years. I still play Battlefield 2 each day and that game is over 6 years old. The best 50 bucks ever spent. At least this company writes you back when problems arise unlike Steam and Electronic Arts. I also Like the mods all the guys produce and even though I purchased Normandy - I rarely play it - I want Eastern Front. I understand you superfly and with the tough economic times it might be hard to purchase. same with me