National Morale scripts

I think we need some further explanation, on how the National Morale scripts are set for each of the WWI campaigns.

For example in Fate Of Nations, the A-H morale is falling quickly, even if troops of the Emperor only take part in the sussesful offensive against Russia and no friendly location is ocupied by the enemy.

The NM of France is also affected even if Russia is still at war and French army manages to recapture all friendly locations previously occupied by the Germans.

These are just two examples but I think that this subject has to be further elaborated in the manual or the strategy guide, because both of them provide just standard explanations how the NM is affected by occupation or casualties, while obviously these are not the only factors.

Hi Ivanov

I've just been taking a look at 1917 Fate of Nations and there are some scripts that can hurt Austro-Hungarian morale:

• The Bolshevik Revolution will lead to Bolshevik Inspired Agitation Against The War Spreads To Austria-Hungary - this will only happen if Germany sent Lenin to Russia, and the Bolshevik Revolution will be triggered once Russian National Morale is below 35%.
  • Austro-Hungarian Morale Drops Due To The Fall Of Budapest
  • Austro-Hungarian Morale Is Affected By The Defeat Of The Ottoman Empire
  • Austro-Hungarian Morale Falls As A Result Of The Bulgarian Surrender

And this one is a boost to their morale:

• Austria-Hungary Celebrates The Defeat Of Russia

From the description of your game it sounds as though the Bolshevik agitation might be the only relevant one so far, but one important point to note is that because the starting National Morale figures are significantly lower than in 1914 Call to Arms, all unit casualties suffered by the Austro-Hungarians will have a proportionately higher impact on their National Morale % than in the 1914 campaigns. Consequently the National Morale bar will be dropping at a higher rate than we're used to in the 1914 campaigns.

For France, the relevant scripts are:

Potential Penalties:

• French Morale Falls Due To The Loss Of Verdun
  • French Morale Falls Due To The Loss Of Belfort
  • French Morale Falls Due To The Loss Of Paris
  • French Morale Is Affected By The Russian Defeat
  • French Morale Is Affected By The Italian Defeat
  • French Morale Falls Due To The Loss Of Algiers

Potential Bonuses:

• France Welcomes The Arrival Of US Troops
  • France Celebrates The Taking Of Strasbourg
  • France Celebrates The Taking Of Metz
  • French Morale Is Boosted By The Liberation Of Paris

Given that probably very few of these have occurred in your game, could it be that the lower starting National Morale totals are at the root of what you've noticed?

Hi Bill!

Thanks for looking into this. The lower starting NM totals are probably the reason why casualties have bigger impact, because so far none of the potential NM penalties mentioned by you have occured in my game.

Regarding the drop of CP National Morale due to the Bolshevik agitation, what are the best ways to avoid it? You mentioned not sending Lenin to Russia. And siging the armstice and creating firendly Ukraine and Baltic states? If CP player wants to avoid the destructive effect of Bolshevik agitation is it better to keep fighting with Russia?

Thank again for your answer!

I would say, only send Lenin to Russia if you are happy to face the consequences, because that is the only way to avoid Bolshevik agitation reaching your countries.

If you have done so, not signing the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk and fighting on until Russia surrenders will lead to morale boosts for Germany, Austria-Hungary and the Ottomans. This is because the Treaty led to high expectations of peace in these countries, rather than of victory. Don't sign the treaty and your populations will welcome the victory when it comes!

One more thing. Manual says that siging the treaty stops Bolshevik agitation. Is it so indeed or it's a mistake and the only way to stop the revolutionary and antiwar agitation is to fight Russia until she surrenderes?

One more thing. Manual says that siging the treaty stops Bolshevik agitation. Is it so indeed or it's a mistake and the only way to stop the revolutionary and antiwar agitation is to fight Russia until she surrenderes?

As bill said in another post, and i think it's in teh version.txt file in the game folder, Bolshevik agitation will not stop even after russian surrender. The manual is wrong, i think they will fix it in the next version. Now i thought that russian surrender would give me a boost even if i only sign the peace treaty. Thats why i lost my last game of fate of nation, the russian surrender let let france in the same NM situaton as germany, if i had gain the NM boost by russian surrender i could win, or prolong the war even further. :D

Ok this is how I understand the events affecting NM in regards of Russia and correct me if I'm wrong:

1. Lenin

a) Sending Lenin to Russia speeds up the demise of Russia because of the revolution, but will have negative long term effect on the CP morale due to the Bolshevik agitation

B) Not sending Lenin to Russia prolonges the war on the Eastern Front but there is no negative effect on NM of CP

2. Brest Litovsk Treaty

a) Signing the treaty - ends the war in the East and creates friendly states that support German war effort but the Bolshevik agitation continues.

B) Not signing the treaty - war continues until Russia surrenders but then CP get morale boost after Thsar is finished and there is no negative NM effect due to the revolutionary propaganda.

Ok guys, it's the last post from the old flat - I will check the site tomorrow evening.

Ps. And yes Kommandant - you are more than welcomed to send me a turn :cool:

Ps. And yes Kommandant - you are more than welcomed to send me a turn :cool:

I will, in time Ivanov, in time, when i'm not at work (yes i work on sundays) :P

Anyway i guess you got it right, only one thing to add, when you sign the treaty you get a payment fo 300 MPP but when russia surrender you don't get this bonus, but all the friendly countries are formed.