How to create and Install Mission Maps

Say I was curious as how the Scenerio designers are creating their maps and inputting them into the Mission breifing Map location.

Some questions.

What Icons are you using to place on the map?

Where do you get them?

What programs are you using to make them?

I noticed that all the scenerios at least from the BF team all the icons are the same, uploading pictures to the main briefing screen is excellent. I am just wanting to know how to make those tactical briefing maps so that the scenerios I design can have more detail instead of a large black box, and no picture Icon as well.

A how to in regards into creating such tactical maps would be great.

Thanks so much.

There is nothing automated about the maps. I made all of them by hand. The only thing CM does is constrain their dimensions and port them in and out.

I'd recommend Photoshop or Gimp. If you are unfamiliar with these sorts of programs there's going to be a learning curve. You should especially focus on layers, layer masking, and layer effects.