Licence new hard-drive?

I'm getting a big itch to play SF again but my hard drive crashed so now trying to reinstall

Have Base game and Marines on CD-Rom but was asked for new licence.

And I have a few days before the year comes up for Brits and NATO?

What's the best way to install? It keeps asking me for a key but I tought that we could install on more than one machine and there is no key in the CD-ROM boxes...

A license key will be printed on a sticker attached to either the DVD case or the manual (front, back or inside in both cases). This sticker is attached to items that are ordered with the delivery option of 'mail delivery only'. If you purchased a 'download + mail delivery', then the license key is saved in your online Battlefront Store account (the login at the top of the main Battlefront webpage). It may also be in an email notifying you of the download when you purchased it.

The license keys do not 'expire'. So there is no 'date' to be worried about. The license keys can typically be used to concurrently activate two installations. However some bundles may only activate once (to cover both items). With a 'CMSF + Marines' I believe you should have gotten two concurrent activations out of it by licensing the game after the Marines module is installed (which is the way that that bundle installs, if I recall correctly). Anyway, the issue is that the license activation was 'lost' with the hard drive crash, leaving only one activation available (assuming that activation was managed properly and not forgotten or 'lost' too). Normally you would unlicense a game/module if you intend on making any OS or hardware changes BEFOREHAND. Obviously in the case of a hard drive crash this isn't possible.

Open a ticket in the Helpdesk and provide your license keys and I believe Martin should be able to reset them. You want to provide license keys for any of the Battlefront eLicense games that were on that hard drive that crashed (if they weren't in an unlicensed state before the crash).

Thank you that is helpful, and importantly understandable. Cheers.

Base game was from a shop.

Marines what Mail and download.

So I'm figuring its should have licensed ok because only put it on one other machine I think.

By the way- I really can't find a sticker of Base Game on the box or manual. I presume that I'll be ok if put the first module on and activate that?

edited- keep geting error code: 12004

If you purchased CMSF "from a shop", then you got the Paradox distribution of the game. I believe the retail version of the game from Paradox uses a disc-based copy-protection scheme, not an eLicense license key like the Battlefront distribution of the game. So no license key is necessary, just the presence of the DVD in the optical drive in order to run the base game alone. Once you install the Marines module and activate the license key you are now running an 'eLicense/Battlefront' copy of CMSF (and the DVD isn't necessary in order to play).

I'm not familiar with the '12004' error. Does it possibly say this?:

12004 ERROR_INTERNET_INTERNAL_ERROR

An internal error has occurred.

This is an error code generated by Microsoft (for the particular example above). It suggests that there is some sort of issue connecting to the internet, which really shouldn't happen with the Battlefront version until you attempt to activate the license key (and eLicense will typically provide its own set of error codes). Do you get this error during the install of the CMSF base game ?

No- only on the e-license activation.

That's right, Paradox version and had to have CD in until I downloaded Marines.

I'm hoping resetting the licenses should work.

I'v installed Base game and all the modules without any license working. When the license is reset do you think that I should uninstall and reinstall so I can activate each module as I go along?

I keep forgetting some of the eLicense numeric error codes this is the one for a '12004':

Request date is invalid. Check your system clock. Processing terminated.

This error indicates that your system clock on your computer is mis-set. Check your clock and make sure that the year, date and day are correct. Once you have fixed your clock setting, retry to submit your license key.

However if you have an activation in use on one computer and the other computer's hard drive died with the licensed CMSF modules on it, then you will most likely get an 'error 11' once you do correct the '12004' error.

I'm not sure when Martin will be able to reset your license keys. He may be able to do it this weekend if he's around; if not, then most likely on Monday.

I keep forgetting some of the eLicense numeric error codes this is the one for a '12004':

Request date is invalid. Check your system clock. Processing terminated.

This error indicates that your system clock on your computer is mis-set. Check your clock and make sure that the year, date and day are correct. Once you have fixed your clock setting, retry to submit your license key.

However if you have an activation in use on one computer and the other computer's hard drive died with the licensed CMSF modules on it, then you will most likely get an 'error 11' once you do correct the '12004' error.

I'm not sure when Martin will be able to reset your license keys. He may be able to do it this weekend if he's around; if not, then most likely on Monday.

No way- my clock was out by 2 days. I checked that too and missed it.

Thanks, I am fixed and ready for SF 'H' hour again.

Thanks for your help. Was very quick too. What do I do to cancel my request to reset license?