Terrain and movement

Low walls can be crossed by tanks and infantry, hedges and fences can be crossed by anything I think. One good tip is that whenever you're driving over something like a hedge or wall the slower you go the less damage it will do to the tracks\wheels. I always break through stuff with slow, a lot of the time it doesn't do any damage. That also applies to driving through some types of rough terrain. Going quick through heavy brush for example will cause much more damage than going slow.

I notice in the mission cats chasing dogs I ordered a m8 scout car through a low brick wall then was miffed to discover it had damaged the wheels on it - doh!

I love this game... :)

Skimbo

Low walls can damage the tracks on tanks, so it's not really surprising they can mess with a wheelie's rims. I think there's a random chance because I thought I saw a jeep flatten a fence with no wheel damage, in an early game, and ended up with an immobilised jeep when I used it to smash down a few fences in a scenario when I assumed fences couldn't wreck a jeep...