1999 PowerMac G4 problem with graphics

hun

Installing CMBO and CMBB caused no problems.

The problem is with the graphics : the text in the game seems to be black. So following things do not appear : detailed unit info, amount of ammo,...Actually every text against a black background is invisible.

Hey hun. (Seems strange to say that.) I have a mac too, and your question jogged something in my memory. On page 168 of the BO manual it says, "Some users of iMac, G3, and G4 computers might have a problem displaying text as "white" and instead show it as "black." If this is happening to you, you will need to use MacOS 9.1 or greater to fix a video driver bug in earlier versions."

Hope this helps.

Have you got the the latest for Os9 ATI drivers and firmware.

Also try getting an aftermarket ATI 7500 32mb Radeon which is the optimum card for CM for Macs.

Do you have AGP? OS9.2.2 from Apple?

Like your website - CM has room here for more quality mod artists!

[ February 08, 2005, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Strangely this problem is related to the OpenGL extension (as far as I can tell). OS 9.1 is supposed to come with version 1.2.1 of the OpenGL extension which fixes this text problem (according to this thread).

You may want to check your system folder and find out what version of the extension you're using and make sure that you are loading it.