How is the multiplayer community??

Since H2HH came along, there's significant number of people playing CMBN via dropbox. It's not at all a hassle - it's basically seamless.

GaJ

Is there a walkthrough on setting this up, the standard CMBN way of doing it, etc? I don't mind waiting on turns, but having to go online, check my email, download the file, put it in the right folder, and so on, is a real hassle. If BF aren't going to provide a program of this sort within the game, they ought to at least make it a sticky...

I find playing RT is great for single player, since you can go at your own pace, pausing when you want to set up a bunch of orders, then tweaking them as you go. Online though it's pretty laggy and there are too many bugs like missing weapons and such. I tried PBEM once but it was a real chore, however I will admit there is a certain excitement to clicking that button and hoping things play out the way you planned. Not to mention that playing much larger battles becomes a viable option.

Bit off topic, but Frozen Synapse is a game that could best be described as Rainbow Six using WeGo, and it provides a multiplayer lobby with stat tracking, match making, turn notifications, etc, all within a game that costs less than half as much as CMBN. Come on BF, get with the program :P

I agree that BFC should make the post about H2HH a sticky.

Unfortunately, BFC are rarely keen to promote outside support for their games. Not something I really understand, it's just something I observe.

The H2HH Help page is here:

http://gregories.net/h2hh/H2H%20Helper.html

The thread that should be stickied is

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=99819

GaJ

Ok so I got the game and am ready to try my hand at MP. I will play anyway just need to find an opponent. So please pm me if you would like to set up a game.

I have xfire and would like to use it if at all possible. I feel it is a great tool that a lot of people are not taking advantage of. Its basically its own instant messenger, voice chat and it also has its own in-game over lay. It also has the ability to broadcast live feeds of the games you are playing. Which I think is fantastic because then then we would be able to watch each others games live.

Here is a group I started and I hope you guys will join http://www.xfire.com/communities/cmbn/ I know people don't like installing things but this is truely a nice piece of software that should be utilized. My name on xfire is dce21b please add me and join the group.

How do you sign into Bobster? It just seems like a PIA. I dunno just please pm if you are interested in playing.

I'm 25 so I've played older, turn-based games without even the WeGo of Cm1... but PBEM is not something in my mind that is acceptable any longer for a game for at least 10 years. Tried it... hated it... don't want to have anything to do with it. You can't seriously expect a modern gamer to convert to PBEM no matter how good the game is. Unless BF just wants to stick with the same niche of gamers until they die out then some things need to change. That doesn't seem like a logical marketing strategy to me. If you don't like playing with typical gamers then you're more than welcome to stay in an old man only club.

Just because somebody is a realism junkie with tactical strategy games doesn't mean they're also going to be willing to load a file from their freakin e-mail for one minute of game time. There's no logical connection between the two. Maybe maturity was a common trait in gamers that liked those type of games and would do that 10+ years ago.... but that just plain isn't going to happen for anybody born within the last 2 decades except for your occasional oddball. We live in a society where people expect instant communication... Who the hell even uses e-mail nowadays? At the very least PBEM should be done through the game platform. And there's too drastic of a difference between WeGo and real time to leave RT players depending on doing their own work to find an IP address to play with in RT.

What a bunch of garbage.

The whole situation could be resolved if there was just a built in multiplayer lobby. Even if BF didn't want to fork out the cash to run a server I'm sure it would be simple enough to have an in game web based ip exchange. That lists the type of game you would like to play. Then someone clicks to join your game it would take you to the ip screen and automatcally fill in the ip and tadaa your playing the game. But i guess that would be asking to much huh? I mean who would think to make a common meeting place built into the game you are playing? That's crazy talk.