brz. files?

ianrobb

Hello all, hoping someone can give me some tips on where i am going wrong. i have downloaded the 2 flaks and a bridge too close but they have appeared as a CAM file (2 flaks) and a BTT file (Bridge). I've tried the rezexplode but nothing appears in the exploded folder. Do i have to change the file format or something?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. This is the first time i have tried to mod anything

Hello all, hoping someone can give me some tips on where i am going wrong. i have downloaded the 2 flaks and a bridge too close but they have appeared as a CAM file (2 flaks) and a BTT file (Bridge). I've tried the rezexplode but nothing appears in the exploded folder. Do i have to change the file format or something?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. This is the first time i have tried to mod anything

I don't know what you are trying to do, but the files you downloaded are a campaign and a scenario. You the .cam file in the "campaign folder" and the scenario in the "scenario folder" of your CMBN installation after which you will be able to select them to play. If you want to edit them, use the scenario editor.

The rezexplode tool is only for unpacking mod files which have the brz extension.

Rezexplode only unpacks .brz files and nothing else. If you've doownloaded a 3rd party .cam file you go into the 'Game Files' folder and drop it into the 'Capmaigns' folder. A .btt file goes into the 'Scenarios' folder. Then when you start the game the new additions will appear in the list of campaigns and standalone scenarios.

A quick question:

How can i exclude .brz files from being loaded without having to remove them from my Z folder ?

I thought about just renaming them like somemod.brz.txt for example.

Now that mod should not be loaded.

Or just name i AAA_somemod.brz and drop it into the data folder (not Z) ?

Because the original files are named Version.brz they should get priority over the mod, or what ?

If the system doesn't recognize the file, that should prevent it being loaded.

Personally, I find it easier to create extra mod folders to store mods I am not using in the Z folder, and to keep a BU folder of all mods in case I mistakenly delete one.

The other "fun" thing to do sometimes is to use the Mod Tools' RezExplode to open up the .brz files and mix and match to get a desired mod effect from two or more mods (say) of uniforms.

Do NOT put your "spare/Back Up" Z files in a folder in the CM game's DATA folder!

I generally have a dedicated folder under C:/SIMS for all my games' back up folders.

PS: Especially if you have Win 7 it is best to NOT allow games to install in the default location (Programs) as that can trigger UAC and other weird security-related phenomena.

I create a C:/SIMS folder and install all games to that folder.