Auto-Surrender

I think the AI auto surrenders a little too easily and I would like to see this as a selectable variable for scenario designers. I have a mini campaign I made where the AI is playing rear guard with defending phase lines. The last line of defence is never engaged because the scenarios ends prematurely.

Its wrong I agree to have to chase down the last man. But I think it would be OK to take on the last 3 paks, 2 mg42 teams and a Bn Hq all within C2 of each other with intact morale. Enough possibly to change the outcome of the battle because of the superior position of the defenders.

Anyways the OP was about player AI and that question was answered.

I think the AI auto surrenders a little too easily and I would like to see this as a selectable variable for scenario designers.

It is. Sorta. :) The way I've heard you manage this is to have AI forces that are assigned as reinforcements, with an arrival time after the longest time the scenario could run. These guys will bolster the 'Global Morale' counter and if you put enough of them in, your on-map troops will never auto-surrender, even if there's just one Broken Conscript left.