Irrational tank crew behaviour

I had the veteran commander of a Mark IV killed whilst unbuttoned by a two man US scout team with Tommy guns from about 30 meters, thats fine, those are the risks you take when moving around unbuttoned, so as soon as the casualty occured the tank buttoned up and carried on moving, however nine seconds after the first crew casualty another crew member unbuttoned the tank and he got killed as well, this goes against the logic of self preservation, has anyone noticed this before, is it a bug or something i will have to get used too ?

My experience so far has been that my tanks button as soon as they are shot at and stay that way until I order them to open. I've never seen the kind of thing you are describing.

Michael

I can send you the turn and my password if you want to see it for yourself.

Don't trouble yourself. I don't doubt your word in the slightest. I am just wondering why your crew behaved as you say they did.

Michael

It's not that i think you don't believe me, it's just such a wierd event that i wanted someone else to see it for themselves, like you mentioned, i have also always had to unbutton tanks myself when they have buttoned due to small arms fire, irrespective of casualties, so for a crewman to put his head over the parapet nine seconds after his mate just got his blown off doing the same thing makes no sense.

I had the veteran commander of a Mark IV killed whilst unbuttoned by a two man US scout team with Tommy guns from about 30 meters, thats fine, those are the risks you take when moving around unbuttoned, so as soon as the casualty occured the tank buttoned up and carried on moving, however nine seconds after the first crew casualty another crew member unbuttoned the tank and he got killed as well, this goes against the logic of self preservation, has anyone noticed this before, is it a bug or something i will have to get used too ?

I am playing a PBEM game where my Stug III crew did a similar thing. It came under heavy fire and lost its commander pretty quickly. The crew were panicked for for a turn and then they opened up again and lost another crew member. Very shortly after that a Serman took out the vehicle and the last crew too. I was surprised to see them open up again.

The tank never buttoned. There is just a delay between the shot TC disappearing and his replacement appearing in the hatch. The problem is that a single shot that kills the TC will not cause the AI to button-up. Only small arms shots that strike the tank itself at a sufficient rate of fire cause suppression to accumulate, which in turn causes the AI to button up. However, even a single bullet that "penetrates" through an open hatch will cause the tank to button up immediately. Obviously you would expect the same when the TC was shot.

You don't see this often because most TCs are hit in a volley of fire that also strikes the tank just before or afterwards, causing the crew to button before the replacement appears in the open hatch. Nonetheless, this has already been reported.

You don't see this often because most TCs are hit in a volley of fire that also strikes the tank just before or afterwards, causing the crew to button before the replacement appears in the open hatch. Nonetheless, this has already been reported.

Are you sure about that? I could swear I heard some NY accented German calling out about beer.

Had the same thing happen with a stuart crew. Commander was killed by a pistol wielding vehicle crew. Then another crewman popped up to take his place and was shot. They finally buttoned up after that.

Also, has everyone noticed a huge increase in unbuttoned crews taking casualties since the patch? I never used to worry about it before, probably had it happen twice in total before the patch but now I find it happening all the time. Not complaining btw, think it's a good thing.