Crash when saving Fire Brigadr Ver 1

tiger123

For what it's worth I was able to save my setup, but was never able to load the saved game. Either it won't work with the patched version of CMBN, or something else is up with this great-looking scenario.

As an exercise try the Utah Beach monster scenario and see if you experience the same problems. I did not, altho' it was very slow to load. If you have problems with that it could be your computer hasn't the juice.

When I try to save Firebrigade the game seems to lockup and if I press the Save game icon I crash into desktop,

What am I doing wrong or how can I fix this/

Thanks

It's a beast that's for sure. I designed the thing and I've had no issues with playing it under 1.01 or saving files, or loading from save files. It does seem as if the game is sensitive to differant PC specs. I'm running 4Gb Ram; Geforce GTX 260, an Intel E4800 3.00 GHz/3.01Ghz processor. I've seen people with higher speced PCs struggle to run this.

My main advice is be patient. When you load/save just let if do it's thing - don't hit the button again just cos you think it's not doing anything :) I've seen me do this only to cause the game to crash and found if I just leave it alone is eventually does it's thing. Also it might be worth shutting down as many background programmes as you can.

If you keep having problems with Out of Meory (OOM) then there is a thread over in the tech bit about OOM issues. You can post your observations there (also save files are useful as well). Phil Culliton is the BFC programmer looking into these sorts of issues.

Hope all this helps.

Thanks for the replies

George Mc : Yes ypor advice worked fine. I was just impatient before.

Great scenario. Bit like the CMX1 big scenarios/operations. I really enjoyed Peid Peiper operation.Just wished that a destroyed tank looked a bit knocked out if you see what I mean.

There are lots of examples where CMX1 were better tha CMX2,but we`re not allowed to criticise on the forums are we.

Anyway please contiue designing scenarios.How about Stoumont (Ardennes).?

My saved setup definitely crashes when I try to load it. Is there an issue if I saved before patching and then tried to load the saved setup in the patched game??

I didn't have any tech issues with Utah Beach (it was even larger than FB I think and the slowness just got to me).

My saved setup definitely crashes when I try to load it. Is there an issue if I saved before patching and then tried to load the saved setup in the patched game??

I didn't have any tech issues with Utah Beach (it was even larger than FB I think and the slowness just got to me).

Hi Erwin

If you saved the game just after the video, in theory, it should be fine when you patch if I recall. Can you open the game - do a quick save then try to load this new save (all done in 1.01). If you can do that then it suggest that your save under 1.00 and trying to open in 1.01 is scrambled. Reckon if you can open, play and save in Utah Beach then it's more likely down to having your FB save done under 1.00 thentrying to load in 1.01.

Cheery! :)

I just tried it, and actually I cannot load the saved file of the setup I did in the pre-patched version.

So, I loaded the game fresh in the patched version without any problem and saved it without making any moves and then tried to reload the saved game. It crashed at 15% loaded. :(