Calling on board mortars

Vierville Mission:

Looking for an explanation why 2 out of the 3 60mm on-map mortars only take 1 minute to call from any of the HQ units, whereas the 3rd mortar (identical in every way, but a reinforcement unit) takes 3 minutes?

Any Ideas?

Same company HQ. I'll double check in scenario editor for a possible reason.

Hmmm- they are all from B company with exactly the same statistics.

Actually, the big surprise is the short (1 min) delay for regular troops. It's great, and probably what it should be - but could it be a bug?

I'm pretty certain I'd see my own TRP.

Here's the situation. Vierville Scenario (US)

1. 3 identical 60mm mortar teams

2. All belong to same company

3. 1st mortar team included in initial setup, 2nd team arrives after a few minutes, 3rd team a few minutes after that.

4. 1st and 2nd teams have 1 minute delay when called from any platoon or company HQ even if out of sight.

5. 3rd team has a 3 minute delay when called from etc...

AFAIK its the skill that effects the times for arty. So an elite FO with elite arty crew give the lowest possible call in time.

Have you checked the skill levels on each crew?

Yep, this is what it is. I have four on-map 81mm tubes. two are vet, one is reg and one is green. The green team will take 3 minutes to respond to a call from my vet FO, the others are 2 minutes.

Now, whether the regular team should be as fast as the veterans or not is another issue...:D

Every single mortar team is regular.

Every single HQ is regular.

Every mortar has moved.

Their motivation is normal.

No unit has suffered ill-effects

All belong to company B, US, Veirville mission.

I think the problem might be an incorrect value display rather than a timing issue because, although the initial time given for 2 of the mortars was 1 minute, they haven't started to fall yet and I've waited 3 minutes so far.

Also it might be due to playing an H2H between Mac and PC.