In the WWII 1939 Storm Over Europe scenario, why is Poland a major?

Poland is almost always eliminated in a few turns (or less) and generally plays no further role.

I can see including France for a number of reasons. France could conceivably hang on for quite a while. The Vichy option is important. And of course, France can participate again upon Allied liberation.

So, why Poland? Why not Canada? Or Spain?

maybe because if poland was a minor of the western allies it wouldnt be isolated from economic help like it was in real life.

just a guess on my part. but i never like the idea of the allies being able to pour resources into poland, like in SC GC, whereas in real life they had no way for those resources to get there.

Poland contruibuted more then France in WW2, and was one of the bigger militaries in Europe, how can it not be a major?

On the otherhand France fell just about as fast, so saying Poland fell first isn't much of a reason.

Poland contruibuted more then France in WW2, and was one of the bigger militaries in Europe, how can it not be a major?

On the otherhand France fell just about as fast, so saying Poland fell first isn't much of a reason.

Weeell... in some sense, maybe. Though I don't see how you're measuring the contributions of the two. The French Army was more than twice the size of the Polish Army, and while France eventually fell in a quick pace, this happened in summer 1940, much later than Poland. In any case, Poland is unlikely to survive more than two turns in this campaign.

However, I don't think that Spain or Canada would be any better alternatives. One is unlikely to contribute to war effort anyway, the other is unlikely to be invaded. Might as well promote Hungary or Romania, but it still wouldn't make much of a difference.

Weeell... in some sense, maybe. Though I don't see how you're measuring the contributions of the two. The French Army was more than twice the size of the Polish Army, and while France eventually fell in a quick pace, this happened in summer 1940, much later than Poland. In any case, Poland is unlikely to survive more than two turns in this campaign.

However, I don't think that Spain or Canada would be any better alternatives. One is unlikely to contribute to war effort anyway, the other is unlikely to be invaded. Might as well promote Hungary or Romania, but it still wouldn't make much of a difference.

I should've said arguably...

But it does help reaslitically making the sense of WW2 and making a custom campaign based off this one easier.