Anecdotal 1.01 observation with no testing

Played a QB as US, infantry only vs. German mix. Small forces, about Company sized. Map was LJF-Small-ME-Bocage. It's got a big eight level church steeple.

I sent a platoon leader and an FO up the steeple, and they got hammered with a whole bunch of small arms fire, most of a German Company letting them have it. When I'd tried this sort of stunt before the patch, the folks in the building always turned into a pink mist before they could say "Jack Robinson wants a fire mission".

This time, they took casualties, but the survived long enough for the 105s to start dropping, and since the Germans were in a sunken road between hedgerows it was a like...well, it was like big explosions in a sunken road packed with Germans.

So, based on this one isolated event, with no testing and complete lack of WWII combat experience, I'm claiming -

• Units in buildings post patch are more protected than before.
  • My linear artillery strike looked more like it was called in by Oscar Madison than Felix Unger, but it was still plenty effective.
  • After that artillery hit, the German attack was broken and needed to be fixed.
  • The game was fun to play, even without affirming my results with multiple tests after each turn.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, SLA Marshall and the Howling Commandos be damned.

Played a QB as US, infantry only vs. German mix. Small forces, about Company sized. Map was LJF-Small-ME-Bocage. It's got a big eight level church steeple.

I sent a platoon leader and an FO up the steeple, and they got hammered with a whole bunch of small arms fire, most of a German Company letting them have it. When I'd tried this sort of stunt before the patch, the folks in the building always turned into a pink mist before they could say "Jack Robinson wants a fire mission".

This time, they took casualties, but the survived long enough for the 105s to start dropping, and since the Germans were in a sunken road between hedgerows it was a like...well, it was like big explosions in a sunken road packed with Germans.

So, based on this one isolated event, with no testing and complete lack of WWII combat experience, I'm claiming -

• Units in buildings post patch are more protected than before.
  • My linear artillery strike looked more like it was called in by Oscar Madison than Felix Unger, but it was still plenty effective.
  • After that artillery hit, the German attack was broken and needed to be fixed.
  • The game was fun to play, even without affirming my results with multiple tests after each turn.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, SLA Marshall and the Howling Commandos be damned.

I hope you are correct but no mention of it in the patch. Could it be an Easter egg for us?