Panzerfaust allocation problem

I was doing an Axis set up and when i divided my squads into long and short range weapon teams using the Assault team split command i was suprised to see the long range team get all Panzerfausts, these are short range weapons and should be allocated to the short range team, could this be rectified in the next patch ?

Assault command does not divide the weapons based on range, but on a maneuver vs. support basis (and other factors depending on personnel and size of squad). AT weapons and MGs are generally considered support weapons.

Well if thats the case the Assault command should be changed to split AT assets based on their effective ranges, then the Panzerfausts would be put with the MP 40 squads as they are more equipped for close quarter work, putting a weapon with an effective range of 30 meters with weapons that have effective ranges of 250 meters and above isn't logical IMO.

Well if thats the case the Assault command should be changed to split AT assets based on their effective ranges, then the Panzerfausts would be put with the MP 40 squads as they are more equipped for close quarter work, putting a weapon with an effective range of 30 meters with weapons that have effective ranges of 250 meters and above isn't logical IMO.

It isn't exactly the same, but you could split off the AT team first. What recombinations you might be able to make from there I honestly have no idea, but it sounds like something interesting enough that I may have to go try.

PF allocation is set to an individual soldier, as is something like the Bazooka. The system can't reallocate them, on the fly, to optimize for a particular action. And there's way too many possible combos of weapons within a Squad to come up with logic that would sort out everybody optimally for all situations.

Steve

PF allocation is set to an individual soldier, as is something like the Bazooka. The system can't reallocate them, on the fly, to optimize for a particular action. And there's way too many possible combos of weapons within a Squad to come up with logic that would sort out everybody optimally for all situations.

Steve

Actually ive been a bit premature, i tested the split options and found the command "Split Teams" allocates all the MP40s and Pz Fausts into the same squad with the addition of a rifleman which is fine as the Faust then becomes separated from the squad with the MG42 which was essentially what i was requesting :)

Actually ive been a bit premature, i tested the split options and found the command "Split Teams" allocates all the MP40s and Pz Fausts into the same squad with the addition of a rifleman which is fine as the Faust then becomes separated from the squad with the MG42 which was essentially what i was requesting :)

I found similar results but not consistently. Sometimes I end with PF in both teams. The only way to split an AT team and try recombining is with the PzGren Mtr squads. They are the only German squads that can split into 3 elements, but as you were looking for something specifically for PFs, it doesn't really apply.

One oddity I did find. If I split a Pzshk off as an AT team from the PzGren Mtr squad the icon is just a team, not specifically an AT team. If I split the remaining squad into an Asslt element, the remaining team has an AT team icon even with no AT assets. Functionality is not impacted but if you are looking quickly at the icons to see where you moved your AT team, you are gonna be cussin a bit when the tank is in range...of a team with no AT assets while your Pzshk is on the opposite side of the field.

I found similar results but not consistently. Sometimes I end with PF in both teams

Well one PF would do given the squad with it is realistically only going to get one chance to take on a tank before it has to move away, and the chances of getting a second opportunity to use another PF would be pretty slim.