Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Fire Brigade reload saved game problems

I just tried running and saving the game as a test without making any moves and then trying to run it again, but it crashes about 20% thru the loading process.

Is the scenario incompatible with the new patched version?

My gear has 6GB Ram, 3.2GHz and a 295 nVidia (& Win 7).

Erwin hi

I have this problem as well (and pre patch) and reported it to Phil a while ago. It seems it is a memory issue, but like you he cannot understand why the scenario can be loaded at start, but then not from any subsequent saves.

He is still looking at it, but I suspect the answer will be more RAM

P

More Ram than 6GB plus a vid card with 1GB+??

This is kind of a problem with CMBN since personally I much prefer larger scenarios like we used to be able to easily play in CM1 with much less powerful machines.

Am pretty sure that I played CMSF scenarios that were equivalent in size to Fire Brigade without problems.

Is CMBN even more demanding of resources?

More Ram than 6GB plus a vid card with 1GB+??

That's interesting, as you say there is plenty of memory there (and more than I have), so maybe the problem is elsewhere.

I've linked this post to my original one so Phil can pick up on you comments. I hope he can sort it, as the scenario looks a blast !

P

Sure, what's your address?

Re tech issues - am buying a new laptop:

How important is having Quad vs Dual Core? (I thought that most/nearly all games don't utilize more than Single Core.)

For example: 3MB Cache Dual Core/4 Threads instead of Quad Core/8 Threads and 8MB Cache. (Much cheaper to get dual core if hardly any games utilize quad.)

How important is Cache size? (My machine will have 8GB 1333MHz RAM.)

Also, re 1600MHz RAM vs 1333MHz RAM? Would one notice any difference?

will post this on tech support as well...