Combined Arms Qb

Am I missing something on qbs when you select mixed?From what I can see you can buy whatever you want on mixed, so mixed is more like the old unrestricted.In CMX1 when you selected combined arms, you received a certain amount of points to spend in each category,which would force you to have a combined arms.

Am I missing something on qbs when you select mixed?From what I can see you can buy whatever you want on mixed, so mixed is more like the old unrestricted.In CMX1 when you selected combined arms, you received a certain amount of points to spend in each category,which would force you to have a combined arms.

No, you're not missing anything. There are no "compartments" with limits to them, as there were in CMx1. You could buy all artillery, in a "Mixed" battle, if you wanted.

There are much more critical things, and I doubt there will be time to get this in for this family, but getting "Combined Arms v2.0" in is a must in my opinion.

Not just for the AI, but for PBEM too. Rarity doesnt work. Panther has no rarity points. Neither does standard armor types. Not much fun when you get a balanced force and find out your opponent is 100% armor. Thats what the "Armor Only" option is for. Mixed should be just that - mixed. Not all armor. All artillery. All Mech.

But how often does 100% armour actually work? It's hard to hold a village, forest or bocage with a tank. I think people who try to use all of something will quickly realize it just doesn't work. You almost always need infantry, just as you almost always need armour.

To put things in perspective think of it like this: you could get a medium tank or a platoon of infantry.

Your opponent might get five medium tanks yet you get two tanks, two ATGs and two slightly cut-down platoons of infantry including AT launchers. Of course an all tank force will dominate a plain or open field, but if you go anywhere near bocage or a village those tanks will be taken apart by infantry and waiting AT guns.

Using all of one unit type is a classic amateur move but in some situations it is understandable, for example on a map that is mostly just a flat plain you would be condemning infantry to a quick death if you used them for anything but a supporting role (provided there was actually some cover for them).

ToW:K had a system like this and it was incredibly boring, you may as well press the random force button with the amount of creativity it allowed: almost every single force I ever choose turned out exactly the same.