Patch and Pbem games

Greetings gentlemen,

I just noticed this statement about the 1.01 patch.

"Save games from v1.00 ARE COMPATIBLE with v1.01, provided that you save your turn-based games in the COMMAND phase (not the replay phase) before upgrading to v1.01.

"

How does this exactly translates to pbem games?Granted,English is not my first language so i might just missing the obvious,but aren't all pbem games-when you save it-in the command phase?

If the above isn't correct,would it work if i'd duplicate the original install folder so i'd have two copies of the game on the same PC-one patched to 1.01 one still at 1.00? I assume this wouldn't be an issue with the activation system would it?

Raz.

Hi,

I am still not 100% sure from the above answer when I can apply the patch when in PBEMs or multiple PBEMs?

After I have sent out my moves on all PBEMs I can then patch?

If your opponent is still on 1.0 will they get a message they have to upgrade if I have upgraded?

Thanks but just want to ensure I do not screw up my PBEMs as I am a newbie :-)

Raz, you can just use the one install for both versions. To backup 1.0 just rename the CMBN executable or copy/paste it out. Then install patch. If you wanna go back to 1.0 then just use the original exe and delete/move the Normandy v101.brz out of your data folder. I've been doing this for months now with no problems.

From my experience upgrading to v1.01 is not recommended if you are playing PBEMs.

Of five one works flawlessly, 3 crash on rewind and 1 crashes while loading (Mac version).

I have sent my turns but I don't know how it looks on the other end.