57mm/general ATG bug

not sure if this has been noted already, but whilst trying to face 57mm ATG's whilst limbered they just keep spinning arround indefinately until you deploy and then face them.

Also when i do face guns successfully whilst limbered they always seem to aim off a quarter turn to the left of the aim direction. (the men face the right way its just the gun that doesnt)

Apologies if this has already been picked up as a bug, and if not and its not a bug, what am i doing wrong??

thx guys.

the reason i want to face it limbered is because its so slow to turn when unlimbered, so i figured if i move gun, face it , then unlimber the overall time to have it faced and ready is shorter.

try it for yoursleves, select a 57mm gun in QB, start it limbered and direct it to move, then face, then unlimber.

i have had it do as asked once, all the other times it just keeps revloving, maybe the time it worked was just a lucky move, then unlimber and happened to be the way i needed it to face.

i think its due to the men lying down around it, as you move the gun it tends to 'bounce' because its avoiding the troops manning it, same thing happens when trying to face. i have got it to work again so i guess its only when the troops happen to be in the right spot at the right time.

otherwise i guess i'll have to deploy first then slowly turn to face, which seems a bit wrong.

Do you have a screenshot, or better yet, a savegame? If neither, can you explicitly walk through exactly how you get this to occur?

Thanks,

Ken

It's easy to do. Just try pushing an unlimbered gun during We Go and watch what happens when it reaches it's destination. I reported it months ago in one of my big bug bonanza threads.

It's easy to do. Just try pushing an unlimbered gun during We Go and watch what happens when it reaches it's destination. I reported it months ago in one of my big bug bonanza threads.

Ah thx ASL as long as its been reported.

Just means more good things to look forward to in the first patch.

Ah thx ASL as long as its been reported.

Just means more good things to look forward to in the first patch.

Sometimes stuff gets overlooked so it doesn't hurt to bring stuff up every once in a while. There is so much stuff they are working on that it's easy to miss something.