Remembering the dead

I have not seen it anywhere on a thread so I was wondering if anyone knew why the dead disappear.

1. In terms of realism its not great. After all a pile of bodies does help identify the interesting areas of the battlefield

2. When I look at a unit on the GUI I have very large icons of the weapons and even wounded weapons. Why not show me weapons in red so I can instantly gauge how the unit is suffering/suffered and what my guess is to its morale state.

Guessing a US units original strength is not too difficult but I do not want to have to memorise all the various German units and their original strength.

Also, you can see in the bottom-left corner, with all of the soldier status indicators (e.g. Firing, Aiming, Cowering, etc.) "Casualty" indicators. These also disappear when they are buddy-aided but to be honest I prefer it the way it is; if I see no "Casualty" indicators down there then I know that I've buddy-aided all of the downed men in the unit.

I have not seen it anywhere on a thread so I was wondering if anyone knew why the dead disappear.

1. In terms of realism its not great. After all a pile of bodies does help identify the interesting areas of the battlefield

2. When I look at a unit on the GUI I have very large icons of the weapons and even wounded weapons. Why not show me weapons in red so I can instantly gauge how the unit is suffering/suffered and what my guess is to its morale state.

Guessing a US units original strength is not too difficult but I do not want to have to memorise all the various German units and their original strength.

I like seeing only the unplundered dead. It's like having pirate-eye vision or something.

I would really like to be able to see how many casualties a unit has suffered so far in the fight, whether they've been buddy-aided or not. When, for example, you start a scenario with some understrength units, and are able to buddy-aid the fallen, it becomes unnecessarily onerous to remember which units have taken casualties in the current fight, and which started off with them.

I like it how it is now: the "pirate-eye" comment hits it nicely. The dead show me who I can buddy-aid for plunder and treasure. Or ammo and weapons.

What I'd like is to have the endgame screen show all the dead where they fell. "Here is where the 300 from Sparta held." :) That would be a pile.

Ken