Quick Question: Vehicle Unload

I'm playing through the tutorial using the turn based mode.

I am wondering whether it would be possible to unload a vehicle after the vehicle has arrived at the end of it's checkpoint.

With each turn a minute of time passes by. I would like to be able to effectively use the time left over from when the vehicle reaches it's destination.

I've set the vehicle waypoints but it doesn't appear that I can continue with a vehicle unload once the vehicles have arrived in the initial movement even though there may be a half minute available to start the unload.

Can an unload be added in directly after the vehicle movement?

If you give the passengers a movement order, they will unload and carry out the order when the vehicle reaches its last waypoint.

... except for uncommon situations where some bug is triggered and they drop out of a vehicle moving at full speed at the start of a turn and proceed on foot. It doesn't happen often, but does till happen once in a while.

I just tried this out. Even though it looks like this is a command for the troops to cover the ground by foot they do wait until the vehicle stops before unloading. This is great.

Hopefully they do address the periodic bug where troops leave the vehicle while it is running.

In a similar vein, you can give a movement order to an infantry unit to board a moving vehicle, and although the movement line displays to the vehicle, what they actually do is move to where the vehicle will stop and board it when it gets there. Also a convenient time-saver in WeGo.

"Hopefully they do address the periodic bug where troops leave the vehicle while it is running."

Based on my experience with CMSF, I am fairly sure that this "bug" is related to way points and possibly pause orders at those way points, or movement orders which allow the infantry to stop and fire. I have never tested this in clinical conditions, but from when I have seen it occur it seems to be that if the vehicle stops for long enough for the infantry to complete a dismount they will if they have a move order of their own.

Based on my experience with CMSF, I am fairly sure that this "bug" is related to way points and possibly pause orders at those way points, or movement orders which allow the infantry to stop and fire. I have never tested this in clinical conditions, but from when I have seen it occur it seems to be that if the vehicle stops for long enough for the infantry to complete a dismount they will if they have a move order of their own.

Hmmm. A few weeks ago there was a discussion about dismounting from trucks and I asked about this. At the time I was told no, that the passengers won't leave the vehicle until the vehicle has completed its movement, even if given a pause at a waypoint during its movement. Could it be that it is related to the length of the pause? And if so, how long does the pause have to be to trigger unloading?

Michael

Hmmm. A few weeks ago there was a discussion about dismounting from trucks and I asked about this. At the time I was told no, that the passengers won't leave the vehicle until the vehicle has completed its movement, even if given a pause at a waypoint during its movement. Could it be that it is related to the length of the pause? And if so, how long does the pause have to be to trigger unloading?

Michael

I't snot to do with pausing in my experience. The times I've seen it happen have mostly been while a vehicle is already moving at the end of a turn on the way somewhere. During the orders phase I give the passengers a move order with the intention of them disembarking when the vehicle stops. Very rarely they will dismount immediately when the turn starts (from a truck doing 40 mph down a road) and move on foot. To the best of my knowldege, I've only ever seen it at the very start of a turn when I've given move orders to passengers already in a moving vehicle, but that's no guarantee there aren't other ways of triggering an unintended dismount.